680 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I'm here to ask about a curious thing that happens. I just installed ML 10.8.2 on a Asus M5E through Unibeast and Multibeast. I solved mostly all issues (even if I haven't been able to make GPUSensors.kext work with the Asus GX680 CU2T).

I have a BluRay optical drive from LG (model LG CH10LS28). Everytime OSX boots, after the bootloader (already on gray screen with Apple logo and spinning wheel), the drive opens and refuses to close until logged in. Actually if I press the button on the drive to close it, it repoens forcefully.

Then after the login I'm prompted with the dialog which states that I inserted a blank DVD and asks me what to do (the optical drive is empty). I just press ignore and then live with it.

Is this a common issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

I had the exact same problem, solved it by moving my drive to another sata port.

I actually made a thread asking the same question. I never did get any responses besides they didn't know haha. Maslinar, sounds like a good idea. I would try it personally, but I don't feel like swapping cables. I'm just dealing with it.

I switched the optical drive from a red sata 6Gb to a black sata 3Gb and it indeed solved the problem thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back