Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Could anyone post a updated EFI for latest opencore(think it's 0.8.9) now, as I'm sure many will ask for it. thx

Could anyone post a updated EFI for latest opencore(think it's 0.8.9) now, as I'm sure many will ask for it. thx
no harm in you updating your kexts and opencore

Hi - Here is an updated OC EFI Folder for you to try as your system mirrors the specs exactly as my old Gigabyte Z390 aorus pro wifi. Note that I used a configured SSDT in the ACPI Folder for USB Mapping instead of a kext (SSDT-6.aml) which works very well.

Another thing to note, this EFI was configured for an iMac Model 20.1 because of the specs but that should not make a big difference. If you were using a 19.1 model just change it in the config.plist.
I suggest you try this EFI Folder first before discarding your working one.

This Folder was booting Monterey, Big Sur and Ventura perfectly with just the one EFI Folder residing on the EFI Partition of the Ventura Disk. Hope it is what you're looking for if you have not updated your current one.
Alternately, you could compress your current EFI Folder and post it here and I will update all files and kexts for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    49.4 MB · Views: 80
@esafeddie, hello.
Will the above build work with Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi Bios: F9?
Or do I have to update BIOS to the latest one?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
@esafeddie, hello.
Will the above build work with Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi Bios: F9?
Or do I have to update it to the latest one?
Thanks in advance.
Hi at the time I was using this board, that was the exact BIOS version so you should be ok, but you'll need to update the kexts and possibly the OC version as between the time I uploaded this EFI Folder and now, a lot has changed since.

If you have any problems give us a shout back and I will try my best to steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

Hi at the time I was using this board, that was the exact BIOS version so you should be ok, but you'll need to update the kexts and possibly the OC version as between the time I uploaded this EFI Folder and now, a lot has changed since.

If you have any problems give us a shout back and I will try my best to steer you in the right direction. Good luck.
First of all, I had F6 Bios. So it was updated to F12.
To be sure that the system will boot I've performed the NV Ram Cleaning.
Then I copied the mentioned EFi to the flash drive.
After that, I added the MB, UUId, and Serial to the config.plist.
To make a long story short, there is no luck for me.
I'm getting some boot errors.

Attachments

• tempImageE39Ug8.png
    tempImageE39Ug8.png
    14.8 MB · Views: 25
I'm getting some boot errors.
Ok, I have updated OC and all the kexts within the initial EFI Folder to the latest versions, try this one after NvRAM Cleaning and see if the results are favourable. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    49.6 MB · Views: 32

Attachments

• tempImagez45CQL.png
    tempImagez45CQL.png
    15.9 MB · Views: 26

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 27
Back