Contribute
Register

OpenCore installer hangs at boot (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP > Need HP model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got a different laptop to try to Hackintosh with, because my Dell had an incompatible CPU and iGPU. I read up that HP EliteBooks and ProBooks in particular were pretty compatible. But I can’t get it to boot to MacOS recovery. It appears to be an SMBus issue, but I don't seem to know what else to possibly edit with the SSDT, I followed the Dortania guide.

It's technically a Ventura installer, would that matter (The Ventura laptop board doesn't seem active)? It doesn't even boot to MacOS recovery, so I don't get the chance to install the OS, anyway.

I checked my config.plist with both OCValidate and Sanity Checker

====System Info=====

HP EliteBook 850 G5

Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz

16GB RAM

Intel UHD Graphics 620

Motherboard: HP 83B2 Version: 04.6D.00

The OpenCore logs and the boot verbose give different information as to where it hangs at. Or maybe just different interpretations of the same information.

====Last two lines of boot verbose (attached)====

VRMI - Error: Error: Failed to read SMBus version. Code: 0xFFFFFFFA

AppleIntellpssI2CController:: _servicematchingtimesubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out. fNotifications 0

====OC logs, config.plist attached====

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.4 KB · Views: 28
  • opencore-2022-12-05-012301.txt
    256 KB · Views: 24
  • Boot verose.jpg
    Boot verose.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
I got a different laptop to try to Hackintosh with, because my Dell had an incompatible CPU and iGPU. I read up that HP EliteBooks and ProBooks in particular were pretty compatible. But I can’t get it to boot to MacOS recovery. It appears to be an SMBus issue, but I don't seem to know what else to possibly edit with the SSDT, I followed the Dortania guide.

It's technically a Ventura installer, would that matter (The Ventura laptop board doesn't seem active)? It doesn't even boot to MacOS recovery, so I don't get the chance to install the OS, anyway.

I checked my config.plist with both OCValidate and Sanity Checker

====System Info=====

HP EliteBook 850 G5

Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz

16GB RAM

Intel UHD Graphics 620

Motherboard: HP 83B2 Version: 04.6D.00

The OpenCore logs and the boot verbose give different information as to where it hangs at. Or maybe just different interpretations of the same information.

====Last two lines of boot verbose (attached)====

VRMI - Error: Error: Failed to read SMBus version. Code: 0xFFFFFFFA

AppleIntellpssI2CController:: _servicematchingtimesubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out. fNotifications 0

====OC logs, config.plist attached====
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Fixed. I had forgot to do that when changing the info from the Dell.

Ohhh okay. I will check that out tonight after work. Thank you very much.

I couldn't figure it out. But I upgraded my installer to OpenCore 0.8.7. After an initial failure at:

BuildActDeviceEntry exit

I found this thread which told me to add SSDT-AWAC.aml to my ACPI folder. It booted to the installer. I'll try to install it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back