Contribute
Register

Opencore freezes when usb (dmg) selected.

Motherboard
Lenovo x1 carbon gen 3
CPU
i7-5600U
Graphics
HD 5500
Alright, so I've been working at this for about a week now and I'm at my wits end.
for starters my laptop is a lenovo x1 carbon
processor : intel i7 5600u
graphics : intel hd5500

Once OC loads I select 128gb (external) (DMG)
only output I get is : "Choose the operating system : OK"
cant get to installer at all, just hangs there until the end of time. (I've let it sit overnight in hopes it was just super slow loading)
I can provide anything else y'all need.
after some trial and error I realized I missed patching out the irq conflicts, and same issues arrise.
I've got all the ssdt's needed (except the one that needs to be done post install) a few prebuilt, a few made on the target system after dumping the dsdt, made sure the patches for the irq conflicts were included in config. I've been following dortania's guide.
I saw one post on another site that someone said it's an issue with broadwell laptops that they managed to fix, but they have no info on what they did, and they ran into further issues later on too.
my logs after attempting to boot show nothing, just blank.
I've attached my EFI. I'm using the basesystem.dmg with the chunklist from opencore, for catalina.
any insight would be greatly appreciated, this is my first attempt at a vanilla hackintosh, prior to this I only used distros so I'm learning a lot. I'm certain I've missed something or have mis-understood something but I'm at a loss for what, I've tried starting over and end up at the same spot.
Any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 5
Update troubleshooting wise :
I've rebuilt my entire installer drive from scratch with opencore debug branch 0.9.6, utilizing dortenia guide again, and have the same issue, oc shows EFI (external) (dmg) and when I hit enter on it, it just locks up. I did manage to get a log out of it saying dmg built, but nothing after that? Possible I just need to wait longer you think? how long is too long for first boot from usb contained dmg?

Back