Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug fixed, tried it with 3 DSDT that had offset bug and now it's calculating offsets correctly, great job again !

I'm trying to inspect your code so I can understand what's going on under the hood, I have zero knowledge in Kotlin lol
what app you are using to create the tool? I tried to install intellij idea but it's crashing on my 10.15.7 ?

I'm sorry for the very late reply... I use IntelliJ, it works great on my machine. Got any crash-logs? Running on 10.15.7 too, didn't experience any crashes so far.

I'm sorry for the very late reply... I use IntelliJ, it works great on my machine. Got any crash-logs? Running on 10.15.7 too, didn't experience any crashes so far.
No worries man, I got it to work , for whatever reason it wasn't working using iGPU, so when I got 5700xt it worked just fine

Hi Guys!

Ive got an HP omen 17 but kind of clueless when it comes to patches and editing dsdt. If possible could someone have a look at my dsdt to see if a patch is possible for working battery?

Would really appreciate it!

Attachments

• System DSDT.dsl
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit dumb to all of this (usually Hack desktops!)
First time OpenCore-ing my ASUS Q400a and I've gotten to trying to sort the battery out.

I'm getting no Battery readings, Mac knows there is a battery, but says Charge = 0%, and there's no battery icon (refuses to show on top bar,) therefore, I'm assuming DSDT patching is in order.

I've got my DSDT (linux SSDTime), added Rehabman's repo to MACiASL, and there's two ASUS patches ( my money is on the ASSUS NhhSL/Vivobook if either are suitable.)

Upon trying to compile the patch above, I'm getting several Object does not exist for (B1SN), (B0SN), (BDAT), (DT2B), (BDA2), (TAH0), (TAH1).

How does this work, am I meant to rename and then patch, or is this patch unsuitable?

Any help appreciated, up until now OpenCore set up has been a breeze compared to Clover efforts.

Hi Guys!

Ive got an HP omen 17 but kind of clueless when it comes to patches and editing dsdt. If possible could someone have a look at my dsdt to see if a patch is possible for working battery?

Would really appreciate it!
Provide a vanilla DSDT.aml
Edit: better to dump DSDT using Ssdt-time on Windows (boot into windows through Windows Boot Manager), or check oc guide for more option

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit dumb to all of this (usually Hack desktops!)
First time OpenCore-ing my ASUS Q400a and I've gotten to trying to sort the battery out.

I'm getting no Battery readings, Mac knows there is a battery, but says Charge = 0%, and there's no battery icon (refuses to show on top bar,) therefore, I'm assuming DSDT patching is in order.

I've got my DSDT (linux SSDTime), added Rehabman's repo to MACiASL, and there's two ASUS patches ( my money is on the ASSUS NhhSL/Vivobook if either are suitable.)

Upon trying to compile the patch above, I'm getting several Object does not exist for (B1SN), (B0SN), (BDAT), (DT2B), (BDA2), (TAH0), (TAH1).

How does this work, am I meant to rename and then patch, or is this patch unsuitable?

Any help appreciated, up until now OpenCore set up has been a breeze compared to Clover efforts.
you probably need to edit the patch to match your dsdt, I suggest you read [Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status by Rehab,

Provide a vanilla DSDT.aml
Edit: better to dump DSDT using Ssdt-time on Windows (boot into windows through Windows Boot Manager), or check oc guide for more option
Thanks for your reply, here is my dsdt dumped with ssdt-time on windows, booted with windows bootloader.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    220.4 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for your reply, here is my dsdt dumped with ssdt-time on windows, booted with windows bootloader.
Give this DSDT a try, but before that make sure you have a backup

If you got any renaming patches in ACPI-Patches that involves battery it should be disabled or deleted, any SSDT-BAT also

Make sure that the SSDT-EC you are using is not disabling your native Embedded Controller (check this comment)

Attachments

• DSDT-HP Omen 17-an011na.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 29
Give this DSDT a try, but before that make sure you have a backup

If you got any renaming patches in ACPI-Patches that involves battery it should be disabled or deleted, any SSDT-BAT also

Make sure that the SSDT-EC you are using is not disabling your native Embedded Controller (check this comment)
Thanks, Ill give it a go. Am I correct in thinking a DSDT should not be used with opencore rather a patch?

Thanks, Ill give it a go. Am I correct in thinking a DSDT should not be used with opencore rather a patch?
For long term use yes, but as for now I wanna make sure that the patched DSDT works first then I will convert it to SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back