Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am also facing battery related issues with a Dell Inspiron 5370. In particular,
  • The remaining charge reading is wrong
  • It always shows "Service Battery"
  • It continues to draw charge even it reaches 100%, and only a restart would fix the issue.

I am using OpenCore 0.6, with SMCBattery. I have not implemented *any" battery patch whatsoever, as I could not find any that is close to this model.

I have attached all the AMLs and also my EFI folder (minus Resources folder) for any kind soul to look into it.

Attachments

• Dell lnspiron 5370 EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
  • Dell lnspiron 5370 DSDT set.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
Hi all, I am also facing battery related issues with a Dell Inspiron 5370. In particular,
  • The remaining charge reading is wrong
  • It always shows "Service Battery"
  • It continues to draw charge even it reaches 100%, and only a restart would fix the issue.

I am using OpenCore 0.6, with SMCBattery. I have not implemented *any" battery patch whatsoever, as I could not find any that is close to this model.

I have attached all the AMLs and also my EFI folder (minus Resources folder) for any kind soul to look into it.

you don't need dsdt patch for your battery (all fields in the EC are 8-bit)

I think your problem is with your EC naming, you have a renaming patch and an ssdt to disable your ECDV in mac, well this is wrong

you should NOT disable embedded controller in laptops, try to do the following
  • Delete/Disable "Change ECDV to EC" patch in config plist
  • Replace SSDT-EC with the one below
  • Make sure you have a backup of your EFI in case anything go wrong

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    190 bytes · Views: 80
Last edited:
Since I'm free I did patch your dsdt (no guarantee it will work)

give it a try and make sure to delete SSDT-bat
and add SMCBatteryManager kext

Edit: always keep a backup of your currently working EFI :)
Hi, i tried to delete SSDT-bat and add SMCBatteryManager.kext, but it doesn't work.

Hi, i tried to delete SSDT-bat and add SMCBatteryManager.kext, but it doesn't work.
did you add the dsdt that’s in the comment?

@AdorableTeemo

Sorry... I actually had a lot of work to do the last few days. This week looks pretty promising tho, I will get back to you.

@jcarcinogen @ccBling @moh.96

Seems like the patches worked out, right? Awesome! Proud to see that other people here also took the time to help each other, what a nice community :).

@aylamrin

What's the status of your battery right now? Did the EC-rename work out? @moh.96 suggested, that all your EmbeddedControl fields are <=8b, thus it *should* work out of the box.

@BlvckBytes Hi, can u help me out with making a hotpatch for the battery of my Surface Pro 3?

I have attached my EFI folder and ACPI generated by SysReport (untouched dsdt.aml).

I'd greatly appreciate your help!

Did you try to patch your dsdt with the patch you provided ?

I took a quick look and the registers in your dsdt match the one in the patch

@AdorableTeemo

Sorry... I actually had a lot of work to do the last few days. This week looks pretty promising tho, I will get back to you.

@jcarcinogen @ccBling @moh.96

Seems like the patches worked out, right? Awesome! Proud to see that other people here also took the time to help each other, what a nice community :).

@aylamrin

What's the status of your battery right now? Did the EC-rename work out? @moh.96 suggested, that all your EmbeddedControl fields are <=8b, thus it *should* work out of the box.

I'm happy to help :), and since you are little busy I'm gonna help people as far as I can :)

you don't need dsdt patch for your battery (all fields in the EC are 8-bit)

I think your problem is with your EC naming, you have a renaming patch and an ssdt to disable your ECDV in mac, well this is wrong

you should NOT disable embedded controller in laptops, try to do the following
  • Delete/Disable "Change ECDV to EC" patch in config plist
  • Replace SSDT-EC with the one below
  • Make sure you have a backup of your EFI in case anything go wrong

Thanks @moh.96 . Your SSDT is working. My previous attempts towards replacing the "Rename" with an SSDT had always lead to an un-bootable system. Inspired, I went ahead to make an SSDT-USBX also. I wanted to replace the USBInjectall.kext/SSDT-UIAC.aml with USBMap.kext. However, on doing so, the ports are not recognizing USB3 pen-drives on the USB3/USB2 combo ports. The USB2 devices are recognized though. I do not have any USB-Type C device, so I cannot immediately comment about the Type C functionality.

Meanwhile, I upgraded to OC 0.6.1. I am including the EFI, the DSDT files and the files that USBMap.command created (plist and kext) again in this post. You might notice that that the USBInjectall.kext/SSDT-UIAC.aml is enabled and USBMap.kext is disabled in the config.plist, but this is just from my working system. While I was experimenting with USBMap.kext, these settings were toggled indeed.

So, if you have some time, would you mind looking into it.

Attachments

• Dell Inspiron 5370 EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 58
  • Dell Inspiron 5370 DSDT.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 48
  • USBMap-output.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back