Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know... The thing is, that it actually takes me more time and effort to check your work than to just do it myself from scratch, as funny as it sounds. So I will look into it tomorrow or so, and I'll get back to you.
Hhhhhhhhh!!!
Thanks in advance, during this period ,i'll patiently wait and try to solve the bugs, look forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience! I just took on where I left off last time, and tried to finish the patch. I'm not sure if I missed something. Can you please boot the attached EFI, but keep a backup? Thanks!

Hi, thanks a lot for the effort! I made a backup of my working EFI and replaced it with yours, unfortunately the system won't boot and it's stuck on Apple logo with the loading bar at around 60%.

I tried to boot with the installation USB stick to attempt to restore the old EFI but it still won't boot. Any idea how i can restore the old working EFI?

@AdorableTeemo

Uhm, ouch, that doesn't sound good. Where did you back up the old efi to? If you boot from that device, you can't boot? Maybe try restore the efi with linux or something like that.

If your laptop doesn't boot, it's likely a mistake of my acpi renames, so you should boot verbose (-v) and make an image of where it gets stuck.

@AdorableTeemo

Uhm, ouch, that doesn't sound good. Where did you back up the old efi to? If you boot from that device, you can't boot? Maybe try restore the efi with linux or something like that.

If your laptop doesn't boot, it's likely a mistake of my acpi renames, so you should boot verbose (-v) and make an image of where it gets stuck.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, been busy with work. I hope the picture is clear enough for you to see.

Attachments

• IMG_20200907_235421.jpg
    IMG_20200907_235421.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
@BlvckBytes Hello!) is your generous offer still available? it feels like I spent all my skills on making OS X at least run, can't get through battery:( Ill include my original DSDT and efi in case you have some time to help, have a good day!

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
@AdorableTeemo

That's actually a quite weird point to crash in, are you sure it doesn't continue after that? Would suggest that my hex-patches are completely messed up and I need to revise them later on today.

@truvalerich

Yes, the offer is still available, I just can't promise any timeframe right now, maybe on the weekend. Please be patient.

@AdorableTeemo

That's actually a quite weird point to crash in, are you sure it doesn't continue after that? Would suggest that my hex-patches are completely messed up and I need to revise them later on today.

@truvalerich

Yes, the offer is still available, I just can't promise any timeframe right now, maybe on the weekend. Please be patient.
that's awesome, Thank you so much!

@AdorableTeemo

Yes it doesn't continue after that, I let it sit for about 40 minutes and nothing happened

@AdorableTeemo

Alright, no need to wait that long btw, if it's stuck for like 2-3 minutes, it's broken. I will get back to you soon, kind of got a lot to do right now.

I've spent so many days trying to get my i2c trackpad to work with Opencore but then I started to its connected to the battery. The dell inspiron 7xxx rehabman battery patch works in clover but the SSDT making is over my head. Much respect to BlvckBytes for figuring this out and helping others. I am at my wits end, if @BlvckBytes or anyone else with time could help I would really appreciate it. :)

Attachments

• DSDT7559.dsl.zip
    65.6 KB · Views: 58
  • EFI-Dell7559.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back