Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BlvckBytes

I used this patch from Rehabman's patches repo:

My laptop model is HP 15-r022tx. That patch says it supports all r000 series, so it must be compatible with mine. But that's not the reason I chose this patch. I was actually trying to patch DSDT manually as per Rehab's guide. I've made a list of variables that needs to be split. Then I accidentally saw this patch in MaciASL, when I applied it I saw that it replaced all the variables I was planning to split. So I concluded that this patch will work on my machine.

@codeVerine

The patch contains some useful comments tho, this might help. See you later! :)

@BlvckBytes

Hey

So, I am quite unsure how to "apply" your ssdt-batt.aml. I do apologize since this is my first time doing a hackintosh.

I also have a Razer Blade 15 2018 base model with the 1060 max q, 8750h, 630uhd.

I used opencore to install catalina 10.15.4. Everything seems to be working besides the battery status.

I downloaded your ssdt-batt.aml and placed it in my efi/acpi folder. Rebooted, but no change.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 67
@bamer02

Where did you get your EFI folder from? Some things seem off, like the SMCSuperIO kext get's loaded... That is for lenovo laptops.

You can give my EFI a shot, see if you miss anything. If you are happy - nice, otherwise I'll try to integrate my BATT into your EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 96
@bamer02

Where did you get your EFI folder from? Some things seem off, like the SMCSuperIO kext get's loaded... That is for lenovo laptops.

You can give my EFI a shot, see if you miss anything. If you are happy - nice, otherwise I'll try to integrate my BATT into your EFI.

Thank you sir!

I will give it a shot when I get home later today. And, I got the efi folder from a guy on youtube that did his on a early 2019 advanced model. Supposedly, the only difference from his was that he has the rtx dgpu and cpu.

@BlvckBytes I think I have the sleep issue solved. I'm not 100% on it, but I did go 2 full days with using it and putting it to sleep and it never got a kernel panic or it just randomly waking up for no reason.

The issue seems to stem from the VoodooI2C kexts. The latest version seems to have fixed the issue. But with the latest updates to it, it enables and makes the Force Click settings to be super sensitive, so even when you were trying to drag and drop something, it though you wanted to get information on what you were click rather than just dragging. Turning off that feature in the trackpad settings makes the new versions of the kext usable.
This also seems to have solved the issue with the trackpad not working properly every once in a while after waking up from sleep. Every so often it would wake up and be super laggy and not responsive, haven't had that issue since the latest updated.

I also seem to be getting realllllly good sleep battery life with the new way of disabling the DGPU. Now it's getting to the point of being a better set up than Clover was and I'm finally starting to feel happy with it lol

Last edited:
@bamer02

I just saw some non-razer specific stuff on your EFI folder, things that seem odd. Looks like that guy threw together a lot of things from other EFIs. That's why I'd like you to try mine for now.

@vettz500

Wow, that sounds amazing! I remember having a non working trackpad with the newest release... Maybe the polling to interrupt change now fixed this, I need to try it out again. So, do you use anything else for sleep? Like HibernationFixup? For me, the fans and keyboard backlight stay on while sleeping, that will never ever make 2 days of sleep xD.

@BlvckBytes

Sounds like your laptop doesn't really go to sleep. You might be able to find out the reason if you look at the output of "pmset -g log". Also check your sleep settings using "pmset -g". If you can't find anything post the output and I'll have a look. Seems like something is preventing your device from sleeping properly. If I put mine to sleep it will have the green power light/fans running/keyboard lights and then it shuts off and the power led goes white.

@vettz500
Same here, battery life is pretty good now. I do still get the occasional wake however. Going off the logs it woke up once last night but went back to sleep 20 seconds after. I can live with that and it doesn't seem to impact battery life that much.

Never had any problems with my trackpad though. But I was talking with a guy on github that also had issues with the latest version of VoodooI2C (trackpad was sometimes working, sometimes not). Going back to version 2.2 seemed to fix that issue for now. But they are working on it.

Here is the issue:

Edit: seems like my wakes were just because I had power nap enabled. So it seems to work as intended. I disabled it anyway because I don't need it and would rather have it sleep without waking.

Last edited:
@takki

Since the last VoodooI2C release has been 26 days ago, I'll wait. I've read new changes are in master, so I could compile it myself, but as per further posts in that issue it is not fully resolved yet. I'll rather postpone this update.

I haven't got that much time left today, I still need to get some work done, but I'll check the outputs tomorrow, seems like a lot of new informations. If you'd like to have a look in the meantime, here you go:

pmset -g log is waaaay to long to paste anywhere. I don't know how to limit it by a date interval yet, so I'll paste that tomorrow.

Code:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standby              1
 womp                 0
 halfdim              1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 proximitywake        1
 powernap             0
 gpuswitch            2
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            0
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 sleep                5 (sleep prevented by sharingd, coreaudiod)
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        3
 autopoweroff         1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         5
 tcpkeepalive         1
 highstandbythreshold 50
 standbydelaylow      10800

@takki

Since the last VoodooI2C release has been 26 days ago, I'll wait. I've read new changes are in master, so I could compile it myself, but as per further posts in that issue it is not fully resolved yet. I'll rather postpone this update.

I haven't got that much time left today, I still need to get some work done, but I'll check the outputs tomorrow, seems like a lot of new informations. If you'd like to have a look in the meantime, here you go:

pmset -g log is waaaay to long to paste anywhere. I don't know how to limit it by a date interval yet, so I'll paste that tomorrow.

Code:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby              1
womp                 0
halfdim              1
hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake        1
powernap             0
gpuswitch            2
networkoversleep     0
disksleep            0
standbydelayhigh     86400
sleep                5 (sleep prevented by sharingd, coreaudiod)
autopoweroffdelay    28800
hibernatemode        3
autopoweroff         1
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         5
tcpkeepalive         1
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow      10800

So the only difference I could find was hibernatemode. I've set mine to 0, which means I'm just using basic sleep, not hibernation. If you installed HibernationFixup I would remove it for now since regular sleep isn't working and that's kind of a prerequisite. If you deleted /var/vm/sleepimage and replaced it with a folder I would reverse that since it's not really needed. You can turn off proximitywake too if you're not using an iPhone/Watch.

But the real reason why sleep isn't working is probably in the output of pmset -g log. You don't need to go through everything, just take note of the time, put it so sleep, let it sit for a couple minutes and wake it up. Then check the output for that timeframe. Sometimes external HDDs can prevent sleep for example and that should be reflected in the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back