Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vettz500

How's your audio doing? I just noticed the following weird thing:

View attachment 468731

Why layout 7? This stays at 7, doesn't matter if I use the alcid bootarg or set it in Devices directly. Is your layout (29, I guess) displayed correctly?
Audio is fine if I don't boot into Windows lol.

Have you been letting your laptop sleep a lot? I've noticed that after so long of it sleeping, it will wake itself up and freeze the entire system and just sit there with the fans running. Have not had the time to pin point anything just yet though.

@vettz500

I think that I had this issue before too, but I rarely let it sleep in the last few weeks. Also got no idea how I would fix this, don't really want to invest the time rn.

BTW, I found out that my trackpad was running in polling mode, not interrupt mode. Also, there seems to be a solution to disable DGPU permanently, with sleep/wake included.

Mr. Crab helped me out with this. Download https://github.com/williambj1/GenI2C and check your TPD state.

@vettz500

I think that I had this issue before too, but I rarely let it sleep in the last few weeks. Also got no idea how I would fix this, don't really want to invest the time rn.

BTW, I found out that my trackpad was running in polling mode, not interrupt mode. Also, there seems to be a solution to disable DGPU permanently, with sleep/wake included.

Mr. Crab helped me out with this. Download https://github.com/williambj1/GenI2C and check your TPD state.

Check my post below, that should be all you need to disable dGPU even after sleep. Mr.Crab confirmed its working on the 2018 model as well. Just skip the RTEC part.

Sleep works pretty good for me, I do get random wakes though. It might be a usb thing but I haven't tested it.

The polling/interrupt thing is what I was talking about earlier. You need to do the GPIO pinning and most likely patch your trackpads crs method. @mr.crabs and @vettz500 should already have the correct patches for your model (mine is different).

@takki

Yes, I received the correct patches from Mr. Crab. All working now. Also got his DGPU disable related stuff now, going to watch the temperatures in the next few hours. Also going to try to disable DGPU in BIOS to see what the baseline in idle is, without extra DGPU heat.

Check my post below, that should be all you need to disable dGPU even after sleep. Mr.Crab confirmed its working on the 2018 model as well. Just skip the RTEC part.

Sleep works pretty good for me, I do get random wakes though. It might be a usb thing but I haven't tested it.

The polling/interrupt thing is what I was talking about earlier. You need to do the GPIO pinning and most likely patch your trackpads crs method. @mr.crabs and @vettz500 should already have the correct patches for your model (mine is different).
I've already done this, I replied to it below that original post lol. It seems to be working great for me thus far.

Anyone got experiences with this? Does it help with hibernation? It's new to me, never installed that kext.

I took a stab at it but I couldn't make it work. I wrote about it in the other thread. You're welcome to continue where I left off haha.

@takki

Nice, so I don't have to start out at zero. I might look into this in the next few days, not in the mood to tinker again rn xD. Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 22.00.20.png

iMessage is not working :/. I never tried to actually send something, but today I did. Login works and passes, but as soon as I actually want to do something, this error shows up. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is iMessage working on your guys' machines?

AppStore, iCloud and AirDrop are working, just iMessage isn't. No idea if Facetime works, since my webcam is broken anyways haha.

View attachment 469853
iMessage is not working :/. I never tried to actually send something, but today I did. Login works and passes, but as soon as I actually want to do something, this error shows up. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is iMessage working on your guys' machines?

AppStore, iCloud and AirDrop are working, just iMessage isn't. No idea if Facetime works, since my webcam is broken anyways haha.

As dumb as this sounds - you'll probably need to call Apple. They most likely blacklisted your machine or your apple id. Google "hackintosh imessage contact apple support", there are many threads regarding this and tips on what to say and what to expect.

Since you probably changed your smbios recently (the move from 15,2 to 15,1/15,3) it's probably that. If you change your smbios you need to log out of icloud, imessage and everything first and then if you're happy with the new smbios you can log back in. That's usually what's being flagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back