Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr.Crab @takki @rufus8472 @vettz500

Does the setting "Mission Control > Displays have seperate spaces" work for you guys? I had this issue on clover, where my external monitors would display white menu-bars when they should be transparent (not selected). Now, both displays work with transparent bars, but my built-in display has this bug.

Any ideas? Is this reproducable on some of your machines? I feel like nobody ever had this xD. Images attached!
I have that setting on but I haven't seen that bug. Sometimes the menu bar gets a little blurry but I think that's because of f.lux in my case.

@takki

It may has something to do with my IGPU setup:

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 23.55.28.png

But without the framebuffer-patches, I don't get the full 2560MB VRAM. Also, I don't see anything off in there... I hate this, would love to have working menubars, this is the reason why I usually turn them off on external monitors, which is just a big inconvenience.

I don't quite understand your current situation, do you own a working DSDT patch and just don't get it "translated" into a SSDT, or do you have to come up with everything yourself? If something exists already, any concrete sources of information?

Errors with _BIF (Battery Information) and _BST (Battery Status) are common, if there are fields used which are larger than a byte (8 bit). Only because all three laptops share this "common" issue, it doesn't mean you will be able to apply the same patch on all of them, at least I have a hard time of believing that.

I'm using the clover DSDT-BATT patch created by RehabMan for my laptops. He originally created it with the EC name change in place, so I did change it to use EC0 instead. Like I've said, I tried the scripts with and without that change. I've gone over the script with a fine-toothed comb and am sure that it correctly converted the scripts to use the 8 bit fields. The ACPI errors go by pretty quickly but appear to indicate a parsing error for both the BTIF and BTST methods.

Is there a way to get the verbose boot text to dump to a file? Everything else with this setup works great and even boots quickly with the errors... The only problem is no battery indicator.

Picture me slapping myself heavily in the back of my head!

As it turns out, I applied all of the patches suggested in the dsl file. I didn't bother going through the config.plist from Clover! It turns out there were a few patches that were required for the BATT script to work properly. Installing those patches solved the problem on the EliteBook. I'm sure it will be the same for both ProBooks!

Now, I need an aspirin!

LasVegas

@Las_Vegas

Hahaha, yesss! I needed so many aspirins in the past too xD. Happy that this worked for you, if you need any help on the other devices, feel free to post again!

I just finished with the patch and ssdt for the battery of the early 2019 model. I made the thing from scratch, which was surprisingly easy. MaciASL bugging out was the biggest problem lol

@BlvckBytes luckily the ranges for the operating region are the same as in your ssdt so I don't need that aspirin myself tonight :D

I'll test it some more tomorrow and then I'll post it.

Cheers!

Edit: Battery seems to work just fine so I'll attach my SSDT here as well :)

Attachments

• SSDT-BATT.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Here's my EFI

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
@Cimmerian

So, OC doesn't show any battery at all? First, make sure the battery kext is actually loaded:

Code:
kextstat | grep -i batt

Post the output. Next, what does your IOREG entry for BAT0 look like (or BAT1 if the rename failed for some reason)? Please post a screenshot like the one below.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 19.54.26.png

I mean, if it doesn't show up, this is probably a _STA issue, even if the patch is borked, at least the 0% thingy should come back.

Found a list of Processors! For the 8750H, like the one we have, we should be running ProcessorType: String - 0x0709

That value is for an 8850H, which the closest processor on a MacBook to ours.

Isn't there even a MacBookPro with the i7 8750H? I have something in mind, but I'm not sure... Where have you found that list of types?

//Edit: Probably this:

Last edited:
Code:
cimmerian@MacBook-Air ~ % kextstat | grep -i batt
   47    0 0xffffff7f8389e000 0x11000    0x11000    ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager (1) C951CA8D-C46B-37C9-91CA-9FF64CE1F073 <46 45 41 12 8 6 5 3 2 1>
   73    0 0xffffff7f82a26000 0x15000    0x15000    com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (161.0.0) 34CD4A0A-FC10-3C61-BF40-88F24632E47F <46 15 12 6 5 3 1>
cimmerian@MacBook-Air ~ %

as for the ioreg
Capture d’écran 2020-05-02 à 20.48.06.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back