Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vettz500
For the audio after windows, after rebooting from windows there is also no boot sound, maybe the audio system needs to be reset?

@vettz500

As I've stated in the README, setting it as a login item would be the easiest way. But since it wipes all settings on start because I haven't implemented persistent settings yet, it's not currently useful anyways, I think. But I'll read up on that, maybe there are other ways to do so programatically.

@rufus8472

Lol, that was exactly my thought aswell. Maybe I can even download it and move it to /usr/local/bin if non existent, that would be amazing. Getting that on my todo list.

Thank you both so much for testing, means a lot that it actually works :).

@Cimmerian

The log shows you that BIF BST and BIX haven't been overridden by the SSDT, afaik. Have you also ported the renames?

@vettz500

What exactly doesn't work with audio? The speakers again? Do you boot windows between those problems?

As I've stated sometime in the past, I think that windows screws with the NVRAM in a way, that makes audio corrupt... You removed the Layout-ID from bootargs already, right?

@Cimmerian

The log shows you that BIF BST and BIX haven't been overridden by the SSDT, afaik. Have you also ported the renames?
Lol yeah in the config.plist the patch tab should had be named patches for clover i forgot that.

Well back at the begining, doesn't want to boot

Last edited:
@Cimmerian

Current clover folder, please. Also, a image of the verbose log where it gets stuck.

@vettz500

What exactly doesn't work with audio? The speakers again? Do you boot windows between those problems?

As I've stated sometime in the past, I think that windows screws with the NVRAM in a way, that makes audio corrupt... You removed the Layout-ID from bootargs already, right?

Speakers just keep deciding to not work on a reboot or shutdown, without ever booting into Windows. AppleALC Loads because the laptop thinks the speakers are there, just no sound, but if I plug in headphones the headphones work. Some reboots it won't load AppleALC at all and I have zero options for audio, even if I plug in my headphones.

ID is removed from the Bootargs. It's in the device properties now.

If I boot off the flash drive, the audio works 100% of the time, despite the EFI for the flash drive being an EXACT copy of my main EFI. I can't figure it out and it's driving me mad.

But also all of the sudden sleep decided to stop working. So now I gotta figure that one out too

@vettz500

I feel you, hate problems like that which seem unsolveable, they steal so much time...

Got the same with audio, very seldom but still. And my sleep last time kinda crashed. Just a black screen with a moveable cursor, but the desktop never drawed.

There are ALC298 SSDTs, and a thing like CodecCommander is supposed to help aswell, but I know next to nothing about both of em, lol.

IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
@Cimmerian

I don't see any issues regarding the battery there, I just think that your whole iGPU setup is not properly done. Maybe we need to consider EmbeddedControl (EC) problems here, since the battery-patch interacts with that, and we even tried to rename H_EC to EC. I haven't got that much time on my hands now, thanks to school, but I'll try to help you out later.

@BlvckBytes

I made some interesting progress today. I went through and redid my entire PM set up. New SSDT-EC, HPET, PLUG and PMC. Just wanted to be sure they were all set right, so I did new custom ones with SSDT Time, also added some missing patches to my config.plist from building those. So far I've done 3 reboots and audio has come back on every single time, I still have yet to look into the ALC298 SSDT's. I did once before about a year ago on Clover, but I remember it not making a difference with a random headphone output distortion if you were connected to power. I'll probably do that later.

But someone on my original thread said that when they switch their Identifier to a MacBook Pro 15,2 the USB-C Display Out works even with the DGPU disabled. So I tried it and it actually works.

So now the game is, try to figure out how to make the USB-C Display Out work with a 15,3 or 15,1 Identifier, since those are more accurate for out set ups. I was going to look into seeing if there was some way to edit specific parts of an Identifier, I've never done that before and not really sure where to start. But something to start looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back