Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BlvckBytes
I'm a bit afraid to undervolt in the BIOS, I don't want to get the machine in an unbootable state. But I followed the guide of stonevil to unlock a bit more power of the CPU, because we're not using the NVIDIA we have more headroom for the CPU to run 3.9GHz all the time. The system thinks the CPU takes less power, so you have to revert the undervolt. I have now only an undervolt of -35mV.
I found a solution to switch the laptop in gaming mode so it won't throttle the CPU.
You might want to check here. These are some shady code changes, but it might help.

@rufus8472

You can't really get it in that state, if the undervolt doesn't work, the laptop boots a second time and reverts that offset to 0. I just like to have it centralized, otherwise I'd neet one client per OS. Also, boosting the CPU is not something I've got in mind, I want to keep it at a low frequency most of the time, also keep power consumption at a minimum.

Awesome! I saw that you forked that repo, I had something similar in mind. I wanted to add a GUI to it, the issue is just that I don't know any C or C++ xD. I have been doing Java for a few years now, and I usually create GUIs with the web-stack, since it's offering the most flexibility to me.

I always wanted to look into how MenuBar apps are done, and I saw that there were other ways than just C. A little icon up there, allowing to color-pick, set per-key and use the embedded animations would be a killer feature for me. I just don't know how far this library has those functionalities covered, the protocol doesn't look that complicated, tho.

@rufus8472

This supports the wave-effect, so I guess the base library you guys forked from does too.

And this looks veeery promising c:

Last edited:
Sorry when i said my pc i assumed osx ofc
Since i don't use opencore to load windows.

I have refind so i can load either window, or linux with grub or open core

tho i still implemented If (_OSI ("Darwin")) in my STA patch

i tried to create a log of the last 5 min in mac osx (during the 5 min i had the time to first boot with smc+ssdt, then disable smc and boot normally) and the log is over 581MB ughhhhh

Another thing i will try would be to do a hdmi output to see what happens, if it indeed stay in the glitchy screen or it boot (and thus it would be my gpu)

But im begining to be short on possible solutions on that matter (this is all because Sony acpi is trash. I need to do multiple patch for the battery unfortunately)

@rufus8472 @vettz500

I've got a prototype working, I can control the colors from a menubar item. Going to refine this, so it looks and feels somewhat OSX-like (since it's not using native languages).

I came up with a design like this, minimalistic and gets the job done. Just gotta write that now, and try to fit everything into one package to execute on login. Currently, it's the binary from github, a java webserver that dispatches commands, and that menubar window (which internally is a website, which makes XMLHttpRequests to the webserver).

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 02.30.17.png

Last edited:
Sorry when i said my pc i assumed osx ofc
Since i don't use opencore to load windows.

I have refind so i can load either window, or linux with grub or open core

tho i still implemented If (_OSI ("Darwin")) in my STA patch

i tried to create a log of the last 5 min in mac osx (during the 5 min i had the time to first boot with smc+ssdt, then disable smc and boot normally) and the log is over 581MB ughhhhh

Another thing i will try would be to do a hdmi output to see what happens, if it indeed stay in the glitchy screen or it boot (and thus it would be my gpu)

But im begining to be short on possible solutions on that matter (this is all because Sony acpi is trash. I need to do multiple patch for the battery unfortunately)
Try to ditch the If (_OSI statements and see if it makes any difference.

no difference

@BlvckBytes
This is very nice, I missed this fork. I changed over to his code and added the gaming mode. The laptop doesn't use more power when it's in gaming mode and idle. It only changes the sustained full load.
Your suggestion looks very nice.

@rufus8472

I really missed a proper keyboard control on OSX for ages now, and I always thought it was impossible. Now, that I've found that binary - I am super happy :D.

Fully programmed this tool, it works very well. No java part needed anymore. You move the osx-razer-led binary to /usr/local/bin, start my program on login and it offers that GUI in the menubar, which dispatches commands to the binary on that standardized path. I will try to get it out either today or tomorrow, still want to fix some things and refactor further. Also, I need to combine everything into one executable, since it's an electron project.

Happy that you like it, this is what it looks like by now:
Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 20.48.04.png

image0.jpg

Mmmm this is what I got before now entering a black glitchy screen (since I updated to open core 0.5.7)

SMC says that my cpu is unsupported I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back