Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cimmerian

Alright, didn't know that, I've never ever got any issues with everything battery related since I made my SSDT. Also without it, my system would boot - but just show no battery.

If it crashes again - please show me the EFI/ folder in that exact same state that causes the crash.

this is the efi. Sorry i had to put back an config.plist in order to boot, i disabled the battery ssdt and the changes in the config.plist to see if i can boot with sms kext enabled and it worked.

the config.plist i used when it crashed is named config-copie.plist

(open core also generated a newer log about the successful boot with smc only, no battery ssdt enabled so if you want to look at the log of the bootwhere i tested ssdt+kext, take the one before the newer)

Also during boot with only the kext i saw that it repetdly said something about an acpi problem (i think the device name was about the battery not sure,i'll catch it after

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 48
@Cimmerian

So, what config are you using when crashing? "config.plist" or "config - Copie.plist"?

@Cimmerian

Please try the attached EFI/ folder the way it is, completely. Don't forget to backup your current one.

Attachments

• EFI_Cimmerian.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 52
Nope doesn't work.

I still have the same problem.

When i disabled gpu acceleration (to avoid having a glitchy screen because it's also tied to this) it doesn't boot still.

Here a log when i disabled gpu acceleration (11)

And one with (55)

Attachments

• opencore-2020-04-18-184311.txt
    256 KB · Views: 54
  • opencore-2020-04-18-183855.txt
    256 KB · Views: 57
@Cimmerian

Your PNLF looks kinda complicated, where did that come from? I think this could be the issue with your glitchy screen.

@Cimmerian

Oh, right, you have an Intel HD 4400, and I have no idea about how that works...
The last thing I might try to do is add XOSI, and use SSDTtime to generate a HPET and so on patch.

I just don't get why your graphics won't work only because battery related code has been changed. You are able to boot without your DSDT, right? Any other patches I might have disabled? Weird stuff...

let me correct this.

My graphic configuration will always lead to a glitchy screen (nothing i can do about it) so when booting it will output a glitchy screen until it will refresh the resolution. (Before i used to use teamviewer to set the resolution, now it does it automatically when it boot thanks to an app)

So normal behavior is :

Verbose boot -> dark glitchy apple logo loading bar screen -> home

With the battery ssdt : verbose boot -> grey glitchy apple logo loading bar screen

To avoid this i tried to disable gpu acceleration

But it halt during the verbose boot, i think you can see where in the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back