Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Borygo77

Thanks, yeah it affects some but not others. Here’s one example, however it’s old and that method doesn’t work anymore or doesn’t work with OC.

Anyway, i don’t want to hijack this thread. You’ve both been very helpful. Thank you guys.

@Poopsquare

That sounds like the last 20% of bug-hunting that will take 80% of the time in total :/. I don't know if I find the time to look at it again, but if I do, I will make a post here.

How does it look like when OC does not boot from the internal harddrive? Does it crash? I had an HP laptop, but only for two months, and I always booted from an external disk.

@BlvckBytes

No worries. Off the ssd when selecting macOS it will switch to the Apple booting logo but the progress bar never moves. Selecting any other OS (ie Windows, Ubuntu..) will boot right up.

@BlvckBytes

Nope, booting with external picker UI OpenCanopy.

@Poopsquare

Well, then you'll have a hard time debugging... Enable -v if you want to at least have the possibility to find out what causes this.

Attachments

• SysReport.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 43
  • my EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
Hello
thank you for the useful post I gained a lot of info from it

so actually I did couple of ssdt battery patch in the past but I have one little problem with a battery patch that I’m doing for HP probook 450 G4

I patched the dsdt and confirm it works so I’m converting it to ssdt since I’m using Opencore and dsdt breaks windows

here’s my problem
idk how to calculate BSTS offset, I calculated all the offset and double checked them but this one came after 1,2,4 bytes which idk how to deal with (should I ignore them?) (See the pic)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.13.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.13.43 PM.png
    587.7 KB · Views: 45
@moh.96

Cool thing that you try to do it on your own! :) Offsets are in bytes, the field sizes in bits. Thus, 1+1+2+4 is +1 in the offset. Haven't looked at your other calculated offsets since I'm just on my phone rn, so I can't tell if they are correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back