Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, what I did this time was: (and I think it's a mess though XD)

1.Get Original DSDT
2.Open MaciASL and apply the three patches that I attatch. (if you want Corebook X to show on battery properties on mac, you should edit the corebook pro patch)
3.Save patched DSDT
3.Place patched DSDT to OC/ACPI

hope it helps.
I wouldn't call this a solution tbh, using random patches can damage your battery (you said that your battery smelled chemical and it was draining fast)

Read the guide in my previous comment and make your own battery patch in case my new patch didn't work (you will learn a lot, it's not difficult)

I wouldn't call this a solution tbh, using random patches can damage your battery (you said that your battery smelled chemical and it was draining fast)

Read the guide in my previous comment and make your own battery patch in case my new patch didn't work (you will learn a lot, it's not difficult)
hi, I tried the last SSDT-BAT with the three renames in the config.plist but didn't work.

I tried to write my own patch following the guide and also trying to merge the different patches I post but also didn't work.

I know I'm near to the solution but now I don't know how to fix it, I assume I haven't been polite and serious these last posts and I thought it was easier but not.

I appreciate your work and help.

I hope someone has this laptop and finds out how to make a good patch soon. I will continue trying out but I don't want to burn my battery.

thank you

Last edited:
@BlvckBytes Hi bro i have been using clover and when i tried to upgrade into BigSur i decided to use Open Core everything works great unless the damn battery too in this DSDT.aml
It was working on clover all i need is extracting only the battery patch from this file and turns it into an individual patch like yours so i can inject it within openCore config it has been 2 days of trying until i found your thread so can u please help me extracting the battery patch from this DSDT.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    245.6 KB · Views: 29
@BlvckBytes Hi bro i have been using clover and when i tried to upgrade into BigSur i decided to use Open Core everything works great unless the damn battery too in this DSDT.aml
It was working on clover all i need is extracting only the battery patch from this file and turns it into an individual patch like yours so i can inject it within openCore config it has been 2 days of trying until i found your thread so can u please help me extracting the battery patch from this DSDT.aml
Upload vanilla (unmodified) DSDT is necessary to compare the two DSDT and make SSDT

Hello, Download the files below and do the following

1- Copy SSDT-BAT to your ACPI folder

2- Copy the renaming patches to your config plist (use ProperTree for example)

3- Make sure you have SMCBatteryManager in your kexts folder

4- Make sure you do NOT have DSDT in your ACPI folder

5- Reboot and remember to keep EFI backup just in case
Hi Friend, the SSDT-BAT works fine under MAC, but I get a driver error in Windows 10, where the battery works but it is not fully recognized, in fact I get a driver error. I attach pictures

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    311.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Schermata 2020-12-29 alle 09.12.19.png
    Schermata 2020-12-29 alle 09.12.19.png
    416.8 KB · Views: 47
Hi Friend, the SSDT-BAT works fine under MAC, but I get a driver error in Windows 10, where the battery works but it is not fully recognized, in fact I get a driver error. I attach pictures
Delete the old SSDT-BAT with the renaming patches and add the new one below (make sure to add the new renaming patches to your config) , hopefully it will solve your problem

Attachments

• HP Laptop 14s-dq0xxx.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi friend, thank you for your interest and sorry if I answer only now. The problem still remains and I have done several tests. I also tried to load the patched DSDT in opencore and the problem remains.

Hi friend, thank you for your interest and sorry if I answer only now. The problem still remains and I have done several tests. I also tried to load the patched DSDT in opencore and the problem remains.

Hello again, did you try to disable battery patch, renaming patches and SMCBatteryManager and boot into Windows through Opencore ?

check if you get the same result

Hello, I've followed Rehabman guide in order to create a patch for my battery, but haven't been successful... here I share my original DSDT + the SSDT that I have so far, the config file (to check the renamings are done correctly. The patch is the one attached. Thank you very much for your help and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• SSDT-HP-Spectre-Battery.aml
    7.5 KB · Views: 35
  • config.plist
    52.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSDT.aml
    203.2 KB · Views: 33
  • HP Spectre Battery Patch (Revised).txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 43
Hello, I've followed Rehabman guide in order to create a patch for my battery, but haven't been successful... here I share my original DSDT + the SSDT that I have so far, the config file (to check the renamings are done correctly. The patch is the one attached. Thank you very much for your help and Happy New Year!
I will check your patch, what's your laptop model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back