Contribute
Register

OpenCore 0.8.5/Asus Z490 - No MacOS Install Option

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't do it correctly then.
I deleted the two patches in the config.plist that you uploaded and ocvalidate showed no errors afterwards.

OK, I tried it again, using ProperTree, of course. This time I deleted the "Patch" key completely, and now I get another error. Apparently is doesn't like the "Patch" key to be missing.

I compared the values in the sample config.plist file supplied with OC 0.8.5, and it had those same blank fields as in the one I attached earlier.

D:\MacOSInstall\OpenCore\OpenCore-0.8.5\Utilities\ocvalidate>ocvalidate.exe config.plist

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.5!

OCS: Missing key Patch, context <ACPI>!
OCS: Missing key Limit, context <Patch>!
OCS: Missing key Mask, context <Patch>!
OCS: Missing key ReplaceMask, context <Patch>!
OCS: Missing key Skip, context <Patch>!
Serialisation returns 5 errors!

I'm a complete newb with OpenCore. My older Hacks are running Catalina with Clover, so I used to make config.plist changes with Clover Configurator.

I've attached the latest config.plist. Any pointers would be helpful - perhaps a pointer to something like "Config.plist 101"?

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
OCS: Missing key Patch, context <ACPI>!
OCS: Missing key Limit, context <Patch>!
OCS: Missing key Mask, context <Patch>!
OCS: Missing key ReplaceMask, context <Patch>!
OCS: Missing key Skip, context <Patch>!
Serialisation returns 5 errors!

Each line relates to an error in your config.plist.
The ocvalidate utility that comes with each release of OpenCore should help you to identify and correct them.
Use the 'Find' function of your plist editor to locate each of the errors and then you can correct them by comparison with the sample plist supplied with OpenCore.
Your config.plist is crafted for a specific version of OpenCore, ensure that all of the OpenCore files match that same version.

perhaps a pointer to something like "Config.plist 101"?

Same here..no Win nor Ventura installer volumes at OC 0.8.5 picker when booting thru USB Ventura installer.
only osx monterey afps volumes showing up.

No ocvalidate errors !!
All drivers and files taken from release OC 0.8.5 others files were grab at same time point.

When butting with OC 0.7.7 EFI( on USB Ventura installer or on Osx Monterey boot drive)
Win and Ventura installer volumes does show at OC picker !
Conig 0.8.5 and 0.7.7 very much alike...?

Solution to my case:
By default OC 0.8.5 release set the ScanPolicy at misc->Security to exclude hfs+ and Win volumes from OC Picker.

Setting up: Misc -> Security -> ScanPolicy -> 0 , includes all volumes to showing-up at OC picker.
One can select at ScanPoliciy which volumes to include in OC picker...

More booting issue at Dortania homepage -OpenCore Boot Issues...

Last edited:
Started from scratch using OpenCore 0.8.6. Worked fine this time, with no ocvalidate errors. I *thought* I did everything the same as before, but I must not have. In any case, the machine is running Monterey 12.6 (triple-booting with WIndows 11 and Ubuntu Linux 22.04) without any glitches so far (OpenCore doesn't "see" the Linux install, so I had to chainload OpenCore from Grub to boot MacOS, but it works fine). Getting the second machine set up should be a lot easier, given that the hardware is identical.
Thanks for the pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back