Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I can feel that Microsoft is much weaker than the past and Apple certainly has beaten Microsoft. Would it be true that, one day the OS X could be installed on PC just like Win. Of course you have to pay for the OS X.

Tom

Hey,

I can feel that Microsoft is much weaker than the past and Apple certainly has beaten Microsoft. Would it be true that, one day the OS X could be installed on PC just like Win. Of course you have to pay for the OS X.

Tom

This has been on mine mind for awhile. Microsoft isn't what they use to be since vista, 8, 8.1 and up is complete garbage. When i made the switch to OS X back in 2009 it was the vista days glad i made that switch. Microsoft are out to rip you off. Hence why i don't use Windows as my main OS its horrible looks cheap a lot more people are moving from windows to OS X wether its a hack or a official mac. There products are the same crappy plastic made cheap just like there operating systems In my eyes its just garbage.

This has been on mine mind for awhile. Microsoft isn't what they use to be since vista, 8, 8.1 and up is complete garbage. When i made the switch to OS X back in 2009 it was the vista days glad i made that switch. Microsoft are out to rip you off. Hence why i don't use Windows as my main OS its horrible looks cheap a lot more people are moving from windows to OS X wether its a hack or a official mac. There products are the same crappy plastic made cheap just like there operating systems In my eyes its just garbage.

Maybe one day in future Apple would made the OS X PC edition. So we don't have to hack.

To be fair and balanced to Microsoft, they support All PC configurations and chipsets whereas Apple only supports their relatively small range of Macs.

This makes it an easy job for Apple to maintain both that high standard of hardware and software synergy that only Apple make.

Microsoft deserve a lot of credit because Windows support hundreds of manufacturers not to mention, Intel, AMD, Atom and ARM. Windows, love it or hate it, works with nearly every hardware configuration you can throw at it (even a Mac !) Albeit, not as slick as Apple.

Remember that MS Windows supports a lot of older hardware whereas Apple are happy to drop support much sooner and Jedi mind trick you into upgrading to their latest pricey hardware.

Don't get me wrong, Apple make fantastic products, that's undisputable but Apple Care would be a huge challenge if they started supporting inferior PC builds from third party manufacturers and DIYers like us.

Don't expect Apple to take over the PC OS market EVER. Apple already have a good thing going with OSX on their own Macs.

And let's face it, the future of the OS market is the Cloud.

Last edited:
Meh microsoft don't get no credit from me. Its still garbage and they rip you off. They also forcing people to update to windows 10 when they don't want to. Have to pay for a licence key which you can only use once so in my eyes Microsoft are just money robbing so in so's.

Microsoft are not forcing you to upgrade to Windows 10 because you don't have to accept the upgrade. You're free to stay with your older Windows version if you want.

Ideally though, it is quite obvious that Microsoft want everybody to move to 10 so that they can manage one OS and (steal) sorry legally collect all of your data.

Windows 10 is a decent Microsoft OS and I personally like it but you need to seriously manage your privacy settings on 10 to stop Microsoft having so much access to your data and browsing habits. There's a few open source Apps that are a Google search away for anybody that wishes to do this.

I agree with you about the Windows License. It would be better if the license was based on the individual user rather than the machine. After all that's how it works for an automobile :|

Just to say I had a friend with Windows 7 on his laptop and he kept denying it and then in the morning he had Windows 10

Microsoft are not forcing you to upgrade to Windows 10 because you don't have to accept the upgrade. You're free to stay with your older Windows version if you want.

Ideally though, it is quite obvious that Microsoft want everybody to move to 10 so that they can manage one OS and (steal) sorry legally collect all of your data.

Windows 10 is a decent Microsoft OS and I personally like it but you need to seriously manage your privacy settings on 10 to stop Microsoft having so much access to your data and browsing habits. There's a few open source Apps that are a Google search away for anybody that wishes to do this.

I agree with you about the Windows License. It would be better if the license was based on the individual user rather than the machine. After all that's how it works for an automobile :|
If you allowed your Windows PC to get recommended updates, Microsoft would sneak the Windows 10 upgrade in.

Just to say I had a friend with Windows 7 on his laptop and he kept denying it and then in the morning he had Windows 10

All he had to do was run Never10 once, takes about three seconds, and he would still be on Windows 7. It's already been downloaded over 2.2 million times. So this is not something that has been kept a secret from the masses.
https://www.grc.com/never10.htm?1

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back