Contribute
Register

On my discrete graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks good. It seems you have GTX965M working for the HDMI with Nvidia web drivers.
You have work to do yet (IGPU and DGPU PM), but it is a good start.
when i disable the hd530 in BIOS, my laptop screen will don't work. how can i fix up it.

when i disable the hd530 in BIOS, my laptop screen will don't work. how can i fix up it.

I don't think you want to disable HD530 anyway...
For example, even if you did get the Nvidia to work with the internal (probably need to inject the correct connector-type, EDID, etc), you won't have brightness control.

I don't think you want to disable HD530 anyway...
For example, even if you did get the Nvidia to work with the internal (probably need to inject the correct connector-type, EDID, etc), you won't have brightness control.
yes , but when I don't connect other screen , it seems that I can't play 965m's performance. For example ,in the adobe media encoder cc 2018 ,rende with mercury playback engine gpu (CUDA), my 965M don't be used , and in the game also like it .

yes , but when I don't connect other screen , it seems that I can't play 965m's performance. For example ,in the adobe media encoder cc 2018 ,rende with mercury playback engine gpu (CUDA), my 965M don't be used , and in the game also like it .

My understanding: The Cuda driver is a separate download from the Nivida website.

My understanding: The Cuda driver is a separate download from the Nivida website.
OK,when I only use hd530 with laptop's screen , game (cities:skylines)can use 965m to operation . I think that is enough . Thank you !

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2018-01-23 下午6.03.45.png
    屏幕快照 2018-01-23 下午6.03.45.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 148
csgo don't use 965M , it use HD530.....OMG....

a15b4afegy1fnpryi56o8j20ga09uwgx.jpg
a15b4afegy1fnpryyulyfj20uw0mk783.jpg

When HD530 enabled HDMI is using 965m

Hi, how are you able to boot with Optimus enabled? do you only install web drivers and do not disable nvidia?

Hi, how are you able to boot with Optimus enabled? do you only install web drivers and do not disable nvidia?
my config.plist is in report.zip, wish it can help you!

Following!!!

my config.plist is in report.zip, wish it can help you!
I have downloaded your config and tried to copy your configurations but I am not able to enable Nvidia. Have you done any steps to enable it? here is my config that I have tried:

Steps Done:
Installed Nvidia Web driver
Set NvidiaWeb to True
Disabled GFX0 > IGPU rename
Installed Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup
Disabled InjectNvidia
Disabled Additional Properties
Cache rebuild

Result:
Nvidia is not seen on system information
Backlight control was broken

====================================

Next Steps Done:
Installed NvidiaGraphicsFixup & Lilu on /L/E
Rebuild Cache

Result:
Nvidia is not seen on system information
Backlight control was broken

====================================

I also tried no to disable Nvidia via SSDT but when booting I am stuck on:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOlockscreen: ~~~~~~

Are you using a different Nvidia Web driver?
any particular steps you might have done?
what is your laptop model?

Hi @RehabMan do you have any idea on how can I enable nvidia graphics like @dsgvsn have? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back