Contribute
Register

Omen 15-ek0006nl not entering installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to solve the problem.
I placed the EFI I was using in catalina into a USB. I'm now using the USB to do the attempts to solve this.

I updated opencore to last version. I erased some drivers and tools from their folders, hoping to reduce at minimum the problems.
I added SSDT-AWAC and SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP.
I erased SMCDellsomething.
I now disabled from "true-false" option all the VoodooI2C kexts, keeping only ps2.
I'm now stuck at apfs_module_start:2436

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    55 MB · Views: 48
Now here..after applenvme strings something happens, now this and before the apts module thing
IMG_20210107_131541.jpg

Now here..after applenvme strings something happens, now this and before the apts module thingView attachment 504136
try without:
Rename EC0 to EC (USB Power)

also what nvme drive do you have?

maybe go back to the basics if you are just trying to get to the installer

The system is already installed, I was on catalina and did the upgrade directly from there. I think the upgrade went ok, the problem is now..when I insert the login password I got stuck in that screen ..
Nvme drives are the ssd? I have 2 ssd, 1 for windows and 1 for catalina (now big sur). The one for bigsur is a samsung 970 evo

The system is already installed, I was on catalina and did the upgrade directly from there. I think the upgrade went ok, the problem is now..when I insert the login password I got stuck in that screen ..
Nvme drives are the ssd? I have 2 ssd, 1 for windows and 1 for catalina (now big sur). The one for bigsur is a samsung 970 evo
then best go back to basics, start with just the ones needed, you may not need all those acpi files and renames

also if you are now on Big Sur, then best to create a new thread in Big Sur Laptop Support

Hi again, provided that I have a AX201 wifi card and a RTL8168H ethernet chip...
And that I was using airtportitlwm from last year but i also tried with the latest version (1.3)...
Do you know why my wifi keeps disconnecting? i can connect to wifi, then it disconnects randomly like...5 minutes later, then i keep switching wifi on and off until it connects again (some times it cannot connect and an exclamation mark appears in the wifi icon, so i have to turn wifi off and turn it on again x times until finally it connects again), then after 20 min or 15 or whatever it disconnect again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back