Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 2015 GOG copy of "Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail," which is entertaining and works fine on my two High Sierra computers. But running Mojave 10.14.6 on my computer at left, I get the uploaded image when attempting to open the game. There is such a file within the app as listed in the image below, and I am guessing the version of "Wineskin" in the game app is incompatible with Mojave... I just can't figure out what to do about it. I have repeated the installation, contacted GOG Support (no help from its chatbot), looked through winehq.org, and of course the Sierra publisher is long gone. Any ideas or advice, like "Just play it on your High Sierra computers," etc?
LarryError.jpg

I have a 2015 GOG copy of "Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail," which is entertaining and works fine on my two High Sierra computers. But running Mojave 10.14.6 on my computer at left, I get the uploaded image when attempting to open the game. There is such a file within the app as listed in the image below, and I am guessing the version of "Wineskin" in the game app is incompatible with Mojave... I just can't figure out what to do about it. I have repeated the installation, contacted GOG Support (no help from its chatbot), looked through winehq.org, and of course the Sierra publisher is long gone. Any ideas or advice, like "Just play it on your High Sierra computers," etc?
View attachment 564021

Hi there.

Not sure if it is of any use for you but I also have a few old games bought from GOG.

Like LSL they are ScummVM games and I use the Mac version of the Scumm runtime to play them. I don't use WINE.

(The 1st game I tried this way was The 7th Guest).

Not a solution to your particular problem, but ... Hopefully that might help?

Basically you install ScummVM and then copy across the data files from the game you wish to play etc.

:)

Hi there.

Not sure if it is of any use for you but I also have a few old games bought from GOG.

Like LSL they are ScummVM games and I use the Mac version of the Scumm runtime to play them. I don't use WINE.

(The 1st game I tried this way was The 7th Guest).

Basically you install ScummVM and then copy across the data files from the game you wish to play etc.

:)
7th guest was amazing :)

Worked like a charm, thanks very much! Now LSL 7 plays on my computer at left! Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back