Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 10-27

Please read the Wiki - it will save you pages and pages of hunting for things....

If you want to install a NVIDIA 4XX card please read the Nvidia 4XX thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8157

DSDT's - please see the Wiki:
wiki/index.php?title=DSDT

ATI_Init is for ATI 5770 graphics card - you need to a Nvidia graphics injector/drivers not an ATI one

Please re-check the DSDT database for the FULL model number of the board - I think you are missing an A in there:
dsdt.php

The MacMan DSDTs are motherboard specific (minimal edits) only and they are BIOS version number specific so please make sure that you download the latest BIOS from Gigabyte - flash the BIOS and then install the DSDT to match it from the database.
Please also see the Wiki page on BIOS:
wiki/index.php?title=BIOS

coco0045 said:
1. With the above directions that MacMan posted, will I be using i-Boot-GE instead of iBoot since I have a Nvidia card now?
2. Will this video card work EVGA Geforce GTS 450 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041R ... PDKIKX0DER) ?
3. Under Step 8 above for UserDSDT, will I need to download separate UserDSDT files for say audio and graphic or will Multibeast 2.5 already have these built in and and all I have to do is check them?
4. Still under step 8, given that Tonymac has posted the Nvidia update, will I still need to select "Graphics -> Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet?"
5. Lastly, when viewing "DSDT Database" section in this site under choose your motherboard option, when I picked "Gigabyte LGA1366 SATA3 ATI CrossFireX ATX Motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R" selection, I'm presented with two option 1.0 and 1.6/1.7. Which option do I choose? How does choosing this motherboard in the pre-edited DSDT file section fit into MacMan's UserDSDT step8? **this is the most confusing part** I'm assuming the pre-edit DSDT for this motherboard is generic and MacMan's option is more details right?
Below is MacMan's link for the i7 configuration that I will be getting:
viewtopic.php?p=42939#p42939

notshy said:
Please read the Wiki - it will save you pages and pages of hunting for things....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8157

ATI_Init is for ATI 5770 graphics card - you need to a Nvidia graphics injector/drivers not an ATI one

Please re-check the DSDT database for the FULL model number of the board - I think you are missing an A in there:
dsdt.php

The MacMan DSDTs are motherboard specific (minimal edits) only and they are BIOS version number specific so please make sure that you download the latest BIOS from Gigabyte - flash the BIOS and then install the DSDT to match it from the database.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have read all the information you pointed out and have a very good general basis of how to get things started. I've not only read this thread but also countless thread in different topics. However, even after all this I still have specifics questions as outlined in my original post regarding MacMan's directions, especially the one regarding DSDT. Since I have not loaded Multibeast I do know what to expect. Are basic Audio/Ethernet built within Multibeast? Also, please see my original post regarding specific questions that I still need to be addressed. Thanks.

In MacMan's first post he shows what options your need to select to install the audio and ethernet kexts so that the onboard sound and ethernet works. One of the updates to the thread was to use Lnx2Mac's ethernet driver but please use the audio option as per his original email and you can install the ethernet driver using his installer package:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828

I'm not on my Mac right now so I can't check if Lnx2Mac's driver has been added to MultiBeast but if it has then just select it in there, if it hasn't then use the installer linked above.

From the DSDT entry on the WIKI
"If you are using a TonyMac & MacMan DSDT from the database below, then you will still need Kexts and other enablers to enable the your onboard sound and ethernet and also your graphics card. A DSDT will help ensure more basic functionality of your build such as sleep, shutdown, "speed stepping" (if you have a relevant CPU and BIOS settings, etc. "

The MacMan/TonyMac DSDTs are specific to the motherboard and the BIOS not to your ethernet, audio or your graphics card.

coco0045 said:
notshy said:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8157

dsdt.php

Thank you for the quick reply. I have read all the information you pointed out and have a very good general basis of how to get things started. I've not only read this thread but also countless thread in different topics. However, even after all this I still have specifics questions as outlined in my original post regarding MacMan's directions, especially the one regarding DSDT. Since I have not loaded Multibeast I do know what to expect. Are basic Audio/Ethernet built within Multibeast? Also, please see my original post regarding specific questions that I still need to be addressed. Thanks.

@splat_matt : do you have sleep/wake working? I have problem with wake using Apple 5770 card (Hoolock)...

splat_matt said:
That did it! Thanks, check the system profiler and I'm running 64 bit sweet! Now I need to buy more RAM.

Nice to not have to use the ATY_init kext I think it slowed things down.

Did a Windows 7 system rating via VMware Fusion 3.1.1 - went from a 4.5 to 5.9 overall changing graphicsenabler=yes and 64bit.

Only the retail install method is supported here. Please buy a Snow Leopard install DVD!

xabidh said:
Hi, i need a lite help with my hackintosh.
First, i had installed with my 9600gt (all working) but now i change the graphic by a Ati 5870, if i try boot with this graphic card dont boot.
Second, i install in other disk again with the 5870 but don't works QE.
My hardware is X58A-UD3R-Rev 1.0 F6

Read post number 1

xabidh said:
notshy said:
Only the retail install method is supported here. Please buy a Snow Leopard install DVD!

xabidh said:
Hi, i need a lite help with my hackintosh.
First, i had installed with my 9600gt (all working) but now i change the graphic by a Ati 5870, if i try boot with this graphic card dont boot.
Second, i install in other disk again with the 5870 but don't works QE.
My hardware is X58A-UD3R-Rev 1.0 F6

ok, thanks, i have a SL orginal too, but i can't do works...
How can i do? What steps i must do after install SL?

teapot said:
@splat_matt : do you have sleep/wake working? I have problem with wake using Apple 5770 card (Hoolock)...

Sorry, I couldn't respond sooner; yes sleep/wake is working maybe something else in a usb port is keeping it awake.

notshy said:
In MacMan's first post he shows what options your need to select to install the audio and ethernet kexts so that the onboard sound and ethernet works. One of the updates to the thread was to use Lnx2Mac's ethernet driver but please use the audio option as per his original email and you can install the ethernet driver using his installer package:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828

I'm not on my Mac right now so I can't check if Lnx2Mac's driver has been added to MultiBeast but if it has then just select it in there, if it hasn't then use the installer linked above.

"If you are using a TonyMac & MacMan DSDT from the database below, then you will still need Kexts and other enablers to enable the your onboard sound and ethernet and also your graphics card. A DSDT will help ensure more basic functionality of your build such as sleep, shutdown, "speed stepping" (if you have a relevant CPU and BIOS settings, etc. "

The MacMan/TonyMac DSDTs are specific to the motherboard and the BIOS not to your ethernet, audio or your graphics card.

After more reading and researching on the site and especially opening up and reading the PDF file with Multibeast, I'm following what you are saying now. I'm glad you answered the question regarding the ethernet driver.

Also, rather than the ATX case that MacMan is using for the build, I'm looking for one that has more Sliver/Aluminum to the look. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm ordering my stuff tonight from Amazon so hopefully I can get a quick response. Linky would be great as well!
Also- Do I need the CPU cooler if I'm not planning to overclock my i7? Can I use the intel stock cpu cooler?

@splat_matt : Are you running 32 or 64 bit kernel?

splat_matt said:
teapot said:

Sorry, I couldn't respond sooner; yes sleep/wake is working maybe something else in a usb port is keeping it awake.

coco0045 said:
notshy said:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828

After more reading and researching on the site and especially opening up and reading the PDF file with Multibeast, I'm following what you are saying now. I'm glad you answered the question regarding the ethernet driver.

Also, rather than the ATX case that MacMan is using for the build, I'm looking for one that has more Sliver/Aluminum to the look. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm ordering my stuff tonight from Amazon so hopefully I can get a quick response. Linky would be great as well!
Also- Do I need the CPU cooler if I'm not planning to overclock my i7? Can I use the intel stock cpu cooler?
The stock cooler is OK but loud and can be difficult to install correctly. I would go with an after market.

As for cases:

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Aluminum-Tower-Silver/dp/B001IZZ7MW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8
http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Aluminum-Tower-Computer-TJ09S/dp/B001NPEBA6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8
http://www.amazon.com/Velocity-GX2-W-Silver-Classic-Aluminum/dp/B00292BQRI/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back