Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 10-27

notshy said:
WanderLustMan said:
notshy, when I move a widget around I don't get a ripple effect. is that good or bad?

It means that you haven't got full QE / CI working hut I was getting that confused with Graphics Enabler = Yes and I was wrong.

I thought the two were one and the same and have now done some more research and you can have graphics enabler = yes without qe / ci .

I would go have a look at the experimental 5770 thread in the graphics section.

Edit - If you do into dashboard then click the Widget on the far left - does it make a ripple then?

Have a look at the Kabyl boot option in new MultiBeast.

I'm still having a few issues with my GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev2/FC), Core i7-930, GeForce GTS 250 1GB setup.

One is USB. When I plug in a USB 2.0 stick, the system immediately crashes.

The other is that I can't boot OS X from the HD (windows 7 boots), but I can boot from iBoot 2.5.2.

Any thoughts appreciated.

bulletman said:
I'm still having a few issues with my GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev2/FC), Core i7-930, GeForce GTS 250 1GB setup.

One is USB. When I plug in a USB 2.0 stick, the system immediately crashes.

The other is that I can't boot OS X from the HD (windows 7 boots), but I can boot from iBoot 2.5.2.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Are you using a DSDT from the database?

Yes, I selected UserDSTD in MultiBeast, downloaded DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FC.aml, renamed it DSTD.aml and placed it on the desktop. The timestamp on /Extra/DSDT.aml was updated. I also selected kextutility to fix permissions.

notshy said:
notshy said:
WanderLustMan said:
notshy, when I move a widget around I don't get a ripple effect. is that good or bad?

It means that you haven't got full QE / CI working hut I was getting that confused with Graphics Enabler = Yes and I was wrong.

I thought the two were one and the same and have now done some more research and you can have graphics enabler = yes without qe / ci .

I would go have a look at the experimental 5770 thread in the graphics section.

Edit - If you do into dashboard then click the Widget on the far left - does it make a ripple then?

Have a look at the Kabyl boot option in new MultiBeast.

Not sure what widget you are talking about on the far left but I tried clicking a bunch of stuff and still no ripples. I did however, use the new Kabyl option and my system booted fine. Still in 32 bit but it did boot with that option so I'm going to see if that solves my problems.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I just buyed an i7-950, GA-X58A-UD3R, 6gb ddr3 1600mhz CL7, a GV-R577SL-1GD, a WD1002FAEX (1tb black 6gb/s western digital) and a sata DVD burner Samsung SH-S223L/Bebe.

downloaded iboot, and buyed the Snow Leopard Retail you linked to.. (though from apple norway)

iboot starts, but when I insert the SL Retail, press F5, and select the osX install, it doesnt work! I get this ACPI error.. (I did setup the bios as you told aswell), and have tried with FA, FB and FC bios version! and changed the sata cables from the dvd and hd, in all possible combinations... but nothing! :( (first tried in 4gb but also with only 2..nothing)

What can I do?... is there something I can do??

I buyed this pc to run osX! :(

greetings from greece.
old mac user i turn to setup a hackintosh. $$ < 0 for a new mac

i am a big fan of starcraft II with this setup am i going to have a good result?

is there an other option instead of 5770ati?

thainks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 85

Beni79 said:
Hi all,
6gb ddr3
Did you remove one stick for the install, using only 4 GB?

lostre said:
greetings from greece.
is there an other option instead of 5770ati?
I'm using a GeForce GTS 250 1GB. Just use NVEnabler under advanced options->graphics->enablers in MultiBeast.

bulletman said:
Beni79 said:
Hi all,
6gb ddr3
Did you remove one stick for the install, using only 4 GB?

Yes bulletman, havent installed the third stick yet. Tried first with only two, and after several attempt even tried with just one... but nothing, same ACPI error.

Will try downloading the osx, cause a friend of mine did and it worked!.. (having same equipment). Strange I thought buying it from apple would give a problem free install, at the same time as supporting apple. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back