Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 09-22

purpleronnie said:
Hey guys,

first of all many thanks for all your amazing work and input!

My system was working great with the FA BIOS, although I had some quirks with PCI devices inserted (CPU spikes after 30 minutes or so). So, I have just updated the BIOS to FB, and now I cant get past the OSX boot screen.

Anyone know how I can get back to the desktop to swap the DSDT?

Many thanks

Ron

Have you tried booting with iBoot CD then selecting OSX ?

Thanks Tony for the build recommendation and MacMan for this amazing guide and everyone else in this thread who participated constructively!

I've just read the last 37 pages...my eyes are tired but I'm pretty comfortable that if I stick to the recommended specs that all should be fine... and if I do experience problems people here seem really good. Looking forward to buying this hardware this week!

all done, that was really easy... just follow the instructions and stick to the specs!

The SSD really made it fly - 15 minute OS X install.

jeremydt said:
all done, that was really easy... just follow the instructions and stick to the specs!

To ensure a really rock solid system have a look at my post on BIOS settings, Memory & CPU testing - good to make sure that there are no hardware problems now while you are still in RMA period with retailer ....

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6616

notshy said:
jeremydt said:

To ensure a really rock solid system have a look at my post on BIOS settings, Memory & CPU testing - good to make sure that there are no hardware problems now while you are still in RMA period with retailer ....

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6616

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 10-18

The guide has been updated to use the new iBoot ATI which is equivalent to iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3.

Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

Chili said:
MacMan said:

Sorry! And awake from sleep dont work. :(
May it be the reason of the mistake that CPU are i7 920?

update:
Everything works properly, Shut down -ok, Restart -ok, Sleep -partially.
I observed the instructions, but it Awake from sleep is out of order. Do you have an idea?

update:
Im try go to sleep with put power switch and awakening with power switch and display awake but usb ports no active when the machine is awake. Keyboard and mouse no functioning. Poor PSU?

Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 10-18

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great information on this board. I have a solid system running now which was very easy to set up thanks to this forum and the tools here.

My system:
X58A-UD3R Rev. 2 (Flashed with FB BIOS)
i7 930
6gb G.Skill 1333mhz
Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB DDR2
Sony Optiarc SATA DVD-RW

Sleep, Audio, Network, booting to 64bit Kernel all working with a little tweaking with multibeast and couple kexts from around the internet.

Now, I am just focusing on getting my geekbench scores maximized. I am in the 9ks right now but on one DSDT file and BIOS setting I got over 11k. The problem is I didn't take any notes to see what I did on that particular test :(

Thanks for all the info and if I can help anyone based on my setup, just let me know.

Help Me Out. I have a few problems with my install.

Hi Gang,

I built my Hackintosh according to the guide with a few minor changes.

a) I used an i7 950

b) I have 12 Gigs of 1600 RAM.

c) I used Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FB DSDT not Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FA

My problems.

1) My processor will only Run at 2.57 GHz instead of it's rated 3.06 GHz. Anything higher and the sucker crashes totally. It just turns off.

2) If I put it to sleep... it never wakes up and I need to use iBoot to restart it.

I only have MacOSX installed.

Questions:

What are the standard default ratings for Clock, multiplier and voltage for the i7-950? If my processor works but only slower is there a chance it's defective?

I ordered Targus USB Bluetooth Adapter from the link but it's tiny not like in the picture from the blog post here (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -2010.html) . Maybe it's a 2.0 version.

Any help is much appreciated.

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back