Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly friendly :thumbdown:
And I'm the wrong... How would you feel when I would say: Get over here, I was the first who answered the question. :problem:

Has anyone had any luck using this Dell IR Reciever?

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Microsoft ... B0041EATS4

I'm trying to eventually use my Logitech Harmony 890 to control Plex. I understand it is possible to use a MacBook Pro IR and attach it to the MoBo, but I'd rather use the USB dongle since I already have it.

Thanks guys.

Help, I'm at a loss on why I can't get this system to boot without being in safe mode (-x). I've built a number of computers before but this is my first hackintosh. Here is the system I've got going:

GA-H61N-USB3
Core i5-2500
8Gb Corsair (2x4Gb)
OCZ Agility 3 120Gb

I've flashed the bios to version 3 and use the F3 DSDT. I'm building off of the Apple Lion thumb drive. But after installing everything through UniBeast and Multibeast and then rebooting, the system hangs on the grey screen. I can only get it to fully load when I put in the flag for safe mode.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help

Also, I updated with :

480+2 shared video RAM
HPET to 64 bit
SATA to AHCI
disabled QuickBoot

LandSharkEF said:
Help, I'm at a loss on why I can't get this system to boot without being in safe mode (-x). I've built a number of computers before but this is my first hackintosh. Here is the system I've got going:

GA-H61N-USB3
Core i5-2500
8Gb Corsair (2x4Gb)
OCZ Agility 3 120Gb

I've flashed the bios to version 3 and use the F3 DSDT. I'm building off of the Apple Lion thumb drive. But after installing everything through UniBeast and Multibeast and then rebooting, the system hangs on the grey screen. I can only get it to fully load when I put in the flag for safe mode.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help
Are you using Core i5 2500k? Or just 2500? The 'k' version is important because it has Intel HD3000, the other is only HD2000. I'm not sure OSX or Chimera support HD2000, only HD3000. That would be my first guess at your problem. If you have a supported PCIe Graphics Adapter, then you could use it for graphics.

santitf said:
pct said:
What SMBIOS file are you using ? I switched back from macmini to MacPro and hartefacts are gone for me.
Maybe lucky but worse to be tried ?
I use macmini 5,1 without artifacts.
I use Gskill ram instead corsair ram.
My customac mini has a i3 2105.
And my case is a sugo 05 with 300w psu.
Have this items make a difference?

Maybe you can try MacBookPro definition file running Multibeast again and report result.

If no change, you can run it again to switch back to MacMini if your prefer. I have change file this way myself without problems.

hi,
i have got a custom mac mini with the gigabyte ga h61n motherboard.
everything worked fine. hdmi, audio, wifi, ...

but

today i tried to reinstall mac os x lion on my custom mac mini.
my problem is that i do not get the dvi port to work, which i do need for the install.
it is only possible to boot with hdmi connected. with dvi or vga i only get a black screen.
i installed win7 for testing but no way, i still do not get dvi to work.
does anybody have a idea what could be the problem?

thanks a lot

gstarraw96

Hey guys, long time reader and second time posting :p

I am thinking of upgrading the HD3000 to the EVGA GeForce GT430
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130579

I just wanted to know if this gpu will fit in the APEX MI-008 case. I have the GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard and when I actually look inside the case, it looks like it would be okay but I just wanted a confirmation if someone was already using this gpu in their apex case. Also, will the PSU in the apex case be enough to power this gpu?

if this is not a good fit, and there are better gfx cards that work oob for lion and fits in this case, please let me know!

Thanks for the help!

Hi all.

First: Thanks for the build and all the other stuff Tony - that really rocks! :)

Second: I tried to install this rig with the h61n "alternate" motherboard using UniBeast. But when I plug in the stick it will stop booting with:
Code:
boot0: done
boot1: error

I'm a little confused, because I have no idea what is causing that problem or how to solve it.
Help would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back