Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate94 said:
uelitonjunior said:
santitf said:
Finally I want to put a gpu into my customac mini. No artifacts or problems with HD3000 but I want more powerful to play games.
I like this: http://www.amazon.es/dp/B0048027IQ/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21
My case can fit this gpu (sugo 05 has two pci holes) and can fit at last 9".
For my is important the Displayport. Any other suggestion?

How did you solve de HD3000 artifacts problem???

For months I`ve tried to fix this issue but without success.

I follow every step described in this topic (all posts) and the artifacts (and horizontal lines) continues.

Please, help me. Tell me what is your magic formula (rsrs).

My build is Intel Core i5 2500K, Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3, 8GB RAM, HDMI monitor, HD Samsung sata-II, DVD-RW.

Sorry about my english. I`m learning! :)

Thanks!
There's no solution for it. For someone it works for someone not.

I have tried everything already.
It remains to change the hard drive. In more modern. (may be old wd green series is bad?)
More sin than that. With these glitches videos

It's pointless but do what you want.

Mate94 said:
It's pointless but do what you want.

Most likely you're right. But I do not know what else.
Well, it's media center.
And the problem with watching videos there. :lol:

uelitonjunior said:
santitf said:
Finally I want to put a gpu into my customac mini. No artifacts or problems with HD3000 but I want more powerful to play games.

I follow every step described in this topic (all posts) and the artifacts (and horizontal lines) continues.

My build is Intel Core i5 2500K, Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3, 8GB RAM, HDMI monitor, HD Samsung sata-II, DVD-RW.

Thanks!

What SMBIOS file are you using ? I switched back from macmini to MacPro and hartefacts are gone for me.
Maybe lucky but worse to be tried ?

pct said:
uelitonjunior said:
santitf said:

Thanks!

What SMBIOS file are you using ? I switched back from macmini to MacPro and hartefacts are gone for me.
Maybe lucky but worse to be tried ?
I use macmini 5,1 without artifacts.
I use Gskill ram instead corsair ram.
My customac mini has a i3 2105.
And my case is a sugo 05 with 300w psu.
Have this items make a difference?

Good Day,
I'm looking to set up CustoMini, but as has been pointed out previously the Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 isn't available any more. I'm looking at an Intel DH67CFB3 (http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Mini-ITX-Ge ... 850&sr=8-7) as a possible substitute. Looks to have the same chipset as the Gigabyte and comes with HDMI, DVI and Display Port video outs. Anyone have any experience running Lion on an Intel board? Figuring since it's the same chipset it should work, but hacks can be a little finicky at times.

Any thoughts on this or suggested alternate boards? Don't really need the VGA or DVI outs hence not looking to go with the H61 at this time. If it's the only alternative that may be a different story.

thanks,
nomad9

nomad9 said:
Good Day,
I'm looking to set up CustoMini, but as has been pointed out previously the Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 isn't available any more. I'm looking at an Intel DH67CFB3 (http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Mini-ITX-Ge ... 850&sr=8-7) as a possible substitute. Looks to have the same chipset as the Gigabyte and comes with HDMI, DVI and Display Port video outs. Anyone have any experience running Lion on an Intel board? Figuring since it's the same chipset it should work, but hacks can be a little finicky at times.

Any thoughts on this or suggested alternate boards? Don't really need the VGA or DVI outs hence not looking to go with the H61 at this time. If it's the only alternative that may be a different story.

thanks,
nomad9
Choose the H61N-USB3. If it's available... othewise look for another form factor.

Why another form factor? Looking to build a mini vice a full desktop. What would you suggest for a mini form factor?
thanks,

hi nomad9

i m about to build some kind of hackmini, and had the same problem as you. After some digging, found this board GA-H67M-UD2H-B3. I already ordered, and going build all at end of next week. If you wish, you can wait for my results. Anyway i compiled a short list of my conclusion.

H67N-USB3-B3 vs H67M-UD2H-B3

Important similarities:
Chipset: Intel® H67 Express Chipset
Audio: Realtek ALC889 codec
Lan: Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
Sata: Chipset 2x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector

Important diferences:
H67N-USB3-B3
2 x SATA 3Gb/s + 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s
Renesas D720200 chip: Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
2 x HDMI ports
only 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
1 x coaxial S/PDIF Out connector
Mini-ITX Form Factor

H67M-UD2H-B3
4 x SATA 3Gb/s
1 x HDMI + 1 x DVI-D
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) + 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4) + 2 x PCI Express x1 slots
Micro ATX Form Factor

GA-H67M-UD2H-B3
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3769#sp

Hope this help

Cheers

Thanks freituk, I would be interested in your results. I've order all the parts but the moboard today so it will be a week or so before I start building. Look forward to hearing how things go.

what case are you using with the micro ATX board out of curiousity?

thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back