Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfuoco said:
OK I am officially confused. It works PERFECTLY on my 27" Samsung connected through HDMI. However using the same cable, from the same port to my TV, i get huge graphics issues...I can't even boot.

At this point can I assume my TV is the issue and not the system?
What size is your TV and what resolution are you running on your monitor and TV?

I have a 2011 customac mini, i have a gigabyte GA-h67n-usb3-b3 motherboard. The problem is this, my internet card wasn't working anymore my computer wasn't seeing the car anymore, so I took apart the pc and fixed the problem. Now here's the issue, i've had this happen before, where it just hangs on the apple logo screen, so i normally just restart the computer and let it boot it up, i tried that, but now this time every time i restart it, this loading bar comes underneith the logo for about half a min or so and then it dissapears, and lion doesn't load. I've tried -x, -v, and -v came up saying "waiting for root device" and stopped there. So something is wrong, but it can't be anything serious, i never installed or uni-stalled anything.

ok, i may have found the issue, have no idea why it would be doing this since I again never installed anything, literally just took apart the computer and unplugged and re-plugged certain cords. But anyways when I try and boot CMD -V it ended saying that it was trying to rebuild catalog b-tree, and then it says it cannot repair, then it comes up saying system has been modified and shows like 6 lines of the same thing saying it's a bug. So I booted into disk utility with Unibeast and tried repairing, same thing happens tryies to rebuild catalog b-tree and then it says it fails and cannot repair lion disk.

Jfuco: Try specifying the graphics mode of your TV in Chimera. I forget what the exact flag is, but I'm presuming your TV is 720p (1280x720) and your monitor 1080p (1920x1080)?

ShadowTD said:
Jfuco: Try specifying the graphics mode of your TV in Chimera. I forget what the exact flag is, but I'm presuming your TV is 720p (1280x720) and your monitor 1080p (1920x1080)?
Yes try this, change your resolution

Thanks guys I'll try that.

The TV definitely has 1080P capabilities.

Another strange gimmick I've encountered:
Even using my monitor, if I start my system with the HDMI connected to the comp + monitor, I boot slow. If I start unconnected, turn on my system, and a couple seconds in plug the HDMI in both sides, I get a perfect startup? Very strange. I've had this happen a couple times now, but wil confirm this is the case later on tonight.

If it is, I'll try the same thing on the TV: ie boot the system, and a couple seconds in plug in the HDMI. Maybe it will help? Who knows.

jfuoco said:

Even using my monitor, if I start my system with the HDMI connected to the comp + monitor, I boot slow. If I start unconnected, turn on my system, and a couple seconds in plug the HDMI in both sides, I get a perfect startup? Very strange. I've had this happen a couple times now, but wil confirm this is the case later on tonight.

If it is, I'll try the same thing on the TV: ie boot the system, and a couple seconds in plug in the HDMI. Maybe it will help? Who knows.
Go through your Bios settings and make sure you have onboard graphics the only thing set as well as maybe bumping up the memory for it while trying to use the TV. There is an option for that in the Bios when you change it to onboard.

Be sure to read your manual before messing with the memory usage for the onboard video though!

Also how much memory do you have on your board all together?

8GB of memory total.

I have the BIOS configured as 480+2MB, the limit for my bios. Does this seem correct? It's what Tony recommended in the first post of this thread.

jfuoco said:

check your TV's user guide. it may recommend some settings for connecting a PC via HDMI. I found the link to the PDF at the link you posted earlier.

Toleda, is there a way to meld together the DSDT from this link: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063
that fixes sleep issues, with the DSDT you posted (in tuneup kit 4) that gives HD3000 HDMI audio? That way we could see if the sleep issues are fixed. I haven't really noticed any in my setup yet, but others may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back