Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jwk said:
I installed Lion 10.7.3 downloaded from AppStore using the UniBeast- MultiBeast 4.2.1 method. After installation, I used toledo's latest method in the second post in this thread, downloaded AppleHDA.kext from the "New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Updated" thread & the DSDT.aml from "CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 4" link to my desktop and ran MultiBeast 4.2.1 with exactly the same settings as shown at the beginning of this thread. My hardware is shown in my sig (with 8 GB memory and 750GB HD, DVD-R), and I checked the BIOS settings before installing with AHCI SATA & HPET 64-bit mode.

I can boot to the hard drive ONLY using UniBeast installer USB drive. Almost everything I've checked runs ok, but Sound Devices shows 'No input device found' and 'No output device found'. When I try to boot from from the hard drive directly, I get:

Loading Operating System...
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

after spending all day searching for a solution I'm at a dead end, I need help from someone, please....

JWK
I ran into this same problem and posted about where I found help earlier in the this thread. I can't quickly find it now or I'd post it. I searched "boot 0 error" (or maybe "boot 0: error") and found some threads that talked about how to fix it. I also ran the Chimera installer that you can find in the downloads, but it didn't fix the problem until I followed one of the ideas in the forums. Sorry I can't post a link, I'm on my phone and in a hurry.

Thanks BC24, I'll start searching the thread tomorrow for info about the boot problem... the only mention I previously found about it had a fix, something like using linux to fix the problem with the boot loader- I hope that's not what you were talking about. If you remember anything further, please let me know.

After you gave me good advice about installing the audio kexts, I forgot about it because I didn't get a chance to work on this for about a week after your post. Live and learn.

Cheers,

JWK

bc24, I found the post you referred to for the boot0: error on page 113 of this thread, with a link to:

boot0: error with 1TB WDC Green (SOLVED. GUIDE inside)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37090

I'm too tired to read it now... maybe tomorrow. I saw a number of posts related to WD Green drives with this problem... mine is a Seagate 750GB 2.5" drive, and there are others with this problem on the same Seagate drive, so it is not just limited to WD Green drives.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... again!

JWK

KidCastro said:
Mate94 said:
You don't say?

But there's no as good as motherboard like the H67N-USB3-B3 in mITX form. So, I recommended something else.

Your a bit misguided aren't you... the question was " GA-H67N-USB3 is out of Stock... Can anybody tell me a alternate motherboard?"

Obviously!!! Customac Mini is a mini-itx build, most mini-itx cases WONT fit a micro atx board. So there you go again passing on incorrect information to more users? seriously man, if this was my forum I would ban the hell out of you for having such a bad attitude towards other members.

I've seen your other posts on here, all negative for no reason.

:rolleyes:
If you don't like, don't read it. That's all.

Mate94 said:
H61N is .... I don't want to say it. So I won't recommend to nobody.

could you explain a bit more, please?

you may be right, but without going into detail about WHY its not to be recommended, your post means nothing.

even if you said it looks ugly, that is a very valid reason for some.

I'm still battling the same issue as I posted about earlier. I'm using the recommended build, only swapping out the MoBo for the H61N-USB3, with firmware f3.

I have Lion installed. If I boot from my HD with no flags, the loading time is much longer, and the performance is awful. The mouse responds at a regular rate, however the keyboard does not, and programs take an eternity to open.

If I boot in either safe mode (-x) or with "GraphicsEnabler=No" I have pretty good performance. I can open programs, connect to internet, etc. The resolution is 1024x768 and is the only resolution offered by the "Display" tab in system preferences. I am trying to connect (via HDMI) to a 1080P TV, so obviously this will not work. I have functional ethernet and audio.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? What was the fix?

jwk said:
bc24, I found the post you referred to for the boot0: error on page 113 of this thread, with a link to:

boot0: error with 1TB WDC Green (SOLVED. GUIDE inside)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37090

I'm too tired to read it now... maybe tomorrow. I saw a number of posts related to WD Green drives with this problem... mine is a Seagate 750GB 2.5" drive, and there are others with this problem on the same Seagate drive, so it is not just limited to WD Green drives.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... again!

JWK
I dont remember having to follow everything for the WD Green since I have a Seagate drive. But, I remember making sure the partition was active and making sure a boot file was in the right place. It was a hidden file, so I had to run "show all files" to work with it. Hope that helps. I had to run the commands when I booted to the installer and ran Terminal. That way you can unmount your HDD that you're hoping to boot from. Good luck!

jfuoco said:
I'm still battling the same issue as I posted about earlier. I'm using the recommended build, only swapping out the MoBo for the H61N-USB3, with firmware f3.

I have Lion installed. If I boot from my HD with no flags, the loading time is much longer, and the performance is awful. The mouse responds at a regular rate, however the keyboard does not, and programs take an eternity to open.

If I boot in either safe mode (-x) or with "GraphicsEnabler=No" I have pretty good performance. I can open programs, connect to internet, etc. The resolution is 1024x768 and is the only resolution offered by the "Display" tab in system preferences. I am trying to connect (via HDMI) to a 1080P TV, so obviously this will not work. I have functional ethernet and audio.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? What was the fix?

A couple of things require checking?

#1 Please make sure you have chosen Mac Mini system definition
#2 If there is more than 1 HDMI on your board, try the alternate HDMI

As far as HD3000 graphics, I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes
And I have tested connection via HDMI to 1080P SONY TV & PIONEER RECEIVER as well in between HACK & TV.

All working fine but please make sure of system definition, should not need much tinkering. Also check your are using the latest bios firmware and DSDT.

Report back here~!

Firmware is up to date (F3)
System is listed as a Mac Mini as well.

Interesting that even when I first boot up and the system shows the main BIOS screen, the picture is stretched out of the screen... To me, this means perhaps the MoBo itself is stretching the picture? Or maybe it could be the TV? I'll try on another monitor and see what I can find.

OK I am officially confused. It works PERFECTLY on my 27" Samsung connected through HDMI. However using the same cable, from the same port to my TV, i get huge graphics issues...I can't even boot.

At this point can I assume my TV is the issue and not the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back