Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yurez54 said:
That does not resolve the problem with the graphics on the i3 2105.
A little more and buy a Mac Mini.
**** **** ****!
Hi. In 3 months I only had to reboot 2 times to fix lines in my desktop. And I power it on/off every day.
I expend 400€ (recommended build except sugo 05 300W case and 8 gb Ram). Mac mini i5 cost 599€ in Spain, with less ram, hdd and geekbench.
I'm very happy with it. Of course isn,t a real mac: Pops when sound starts, needs to fix when a system update arrives... But in 4 years building hackintosh, this is the more stable (thanks to tonymac :thumbup: )

santitf said:
yurez54 said:
**** **** ****!
Hi. In 3 months I only had to reboot 2 times to fix lines in my desktop. And I power it on/off every day.
I expend 400€ (recommended build except sugo 05 300W case and 8 gb Ram). Mac mini i5 cost 599€ in Spain, with less ram, hdd and geekbench.
I'm very happy with it. Of course isn,t a real mac: Pops when sound starts, needs to fix when a system update arrives... But in 4 years building hackintosh, this is the more stable (thanks to tonymac :thumbup: )

All this is true. But some troubles you can not win yet. And another question - how much is your time.
I changed the memory, I changed the power supply, I changed hard drives, BIOS settings, reinstall system and more.
To sense a zero. Perhaps someone for some reason and there is no problem. But the dependencies I could not find. And the money I still spent a total of almost as a mac mini.
It remains only now buy i5 and check on it

yurez54 said:
**** **** ****!

i had this working perfect, made a huge mistake that i wasnt sure how to fix and had to re-install, im not beat yet, this is kinda fun in a way, chiil out dude, get a cheap gfx card if you are not getting on with the hd3000

yurez54 said:
All this is true. But some troubles you can not win yet. And another question - how much is your time.
This is the reason because I use real mac for my work and this CustoMac mini for my home at free time.
I'm happy when I spend my time making a pc by components and building hackintosh. Maybe I was lucky with this hack because in a few hours I build a rock solid system. In past (2008-2009) I spent hours and hours to buid an unstable system. As I was glad with the mac os, I decided to buy original mac. It's more expensive but runs amazing.

toleda said:
behnaam said:
Anyone got a similar problem with the GA-H61N?
Click twice on the power button or mouse (slowly), not keyboard.

Still not waking up from sleep :/ Any logs I can try to provide for troubleshooting?

santitf said:
yurez54 said:
This is the reason because I use real mac for my work and this CustoMac mini for my home at free time.
I'm happy when I spend my time making a pc by components and building hackintosh. Maybe I was lucky with this hack because in a few hours I build a rock solid system. In past (2008-2009) I spent hours and hours to buid an unstable system. As I was glad with the mac os, I decided to buy original mac. It's more expensive but runs amazing.

Here I am about the same. I have extensive experience with hackintosh. But sometimes you come to the conclusion that it is not worth it. Alas, real Mac works better.

I think as long as you go into a Hackintosh with your eyes open then that's what matters. Personally, the system I built for £500 is significantly more powerful than a Mac mini, is expandable, has an optical drive and even gave me the pleasure of letting me build it in the first place.

I'm one of the lucky people who had artefacts on day 1 that disappeared by day 3-4. I haven't had any artefacts for over 4 weeks now - gaming, browsing, using Motion & iMovie.

I <3 my Hack!

ShadowTD said:
I think as long as you go into a Hackintosh with your eyes open then that's what matters. Personally, the system I built for £500 is significantly more powerful than a Mac mini, is expandable, has an optical drive and even gave me the pleasure of letting me build it in the first place.

I'm one of the lucky people who had artefacts on day 1 that disappeared by day 3-4. I haven't had any artefacts for over 4 weeks now - gaming, browsing, using Motion & iMovie.

I <3 my Hack!

Congratulations!
But I am sure that all this soft-nonsense treated.
The question is how? So ask questions.

yurez54 said:
ShadowTD said:

I <3 my Hack!

Congratulations!
But I am sure that all this soft-nonsense treated.
The question is how? So ask questions.

Theres no problems running a hackintosh man, as long as you pick proper parts... this customac build is awesome :thumbup: no artifacts or issues with stability.

I have both real mac and hackintosh but I have to say, my hackintosh tkc phantom and cinema as way better than my iMac 27" and macbook pro in all performance benchmarks.

So convenient for me... :headbang:

hi everybody,

can i use this device for my custom mac mini to get wifi?

D-Link DWA-556 WirelessN PCIe

Do i need an adapter for my gigabyte h61n motherboard?

thanks gstarraw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back