Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will post in a bit. Thanks

I did not install applehda. Get it from the v4 tuneup kit and install with kext beast?
If you want that done before ioreg lete know and I will do that.

Many thanks

gustave said:
Will post in a bit. Thanks

I did not install applehda. Get it from the v4 tuneup kit and install with kext beast?
If you want that done before ioreg lete know and I will do that.

Many thanks
No. These systems only work when each step is done correctly. As previously discussed, get AppleHDA from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413

That did it! Thanks much
Working now

Thank you for detailing the audio. I am still having issues with video over HDMI and HD3000. The mouse seems to lag and I see artifacts when set at 1080i. When set at 1080p there is a loss of resolution. Any idea how to fix? I just did a clean instal of Lion 10.7.3

adkardon said:
Thank you for detailing the audio. I am still having issues with video over HDMI and HD3000. The mouse seems to lag and I see artifacts when set at 1080i. When set at 1080p there is a loss of resolution. Any idea how to fix? I just did a clean instal of Lion 10.7.3
I have neither experienced or heard of this issue. What is a "loss of resolution" at 1080p? Try replacing the HDMI cable.

When I have the display set to 1080i it is clearly sharper (I can tell from the icons) than when set to 1080p.

Is there anything in the bios I should be adjusting to help get better graphics performance. the only thing I have done is AHCI and HPET 64. Adjusting VRAM?

im doing this build at the moment, Snow leopard is running ok with a gfx card and i made it to the Lion installer by adding extra to my xmoved installer, now i cannot boot into Lion,

is there an issue with installing 10.7.3 instead of earlier revisions?

i also had issues booting from hard drive, this has been fixed by using a 60 gb ssd. i cannot boot into my install of Lion however, should i try to upgrade the snowleopard that im booting from ssd to lion?

adkardon said:
Is there anything in the bios I should be adjusting to help get better graphics performance. the only thing I have done is AHCI and HPET 64. Adjusting VRAM?
VRAM should be 384mb or max at 480mb

That does not resolve the problem with the graphics on the i3 2105.
A little more and buy a Mac Mini.
**** **** ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back