Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gustave said:
Tried that. No dice.
Would that 889beta kext install have caused any issues?

Thoughts on what else to try?
Umm...I don't think so, to make sure it installed correctly, click the Apple in upper left of screen, select "About this Mac". When the window opens, you should see "Mac Mini" and the Displays tab should show your display on HD3000 graphics. Go back to the overview tab then click the "System Report" button. That will pop up a window with all kinds of information. Click "Audio" in the left pane and make sure the Audio ID is 389. If it is, then things should be working ok as far as I know. If that stuff doesn't check out then there's an issue either with the AppleHDA.kext or the DSDT. Back when I did the clean install on 10.7.2, I used the regular DSDT from the database (the one for F7 BIOS). Then I copied the HDMI audio DSDT out of the Tuneup Kit (posted on first page) into my Extra folder (replaced the existing one).
That's about all I know to try.

Tried all of that.
After copying that to the Extra folder, is is showing 389 now( was 889 ) but still no HDMI sound. It was working with 10.7.2.
Looks like an issue with a fresh 10.7.3 install and HDMI sound.

Any one know how to fix?

gustave said:
Tried all of that.
After copying that to the Extra folder, is is showing 389 now( was 889 ) but still no HDMI sound. It was working with 10.7.2.
Looks like an issue with a fresh 10.7.3 install and HDMI sound.

Any one know how to fix?
If it shows up as Mac Mini with 389 audio ID and you're using the HDMI port under the USB, then I'm not sure where the problem is. Try rebooting.
What have you done to see if audio is working, like play a youtube video or something? Under sound preferences make sure you have HDMI selected as your output. Make sure sound is turned up on the display.

Thats exactly what I am doing, but I dont have HDMI as an output choice.
Thats the odd part.
Its plugged into the same TV as before with 10.7.2.

389 in about this mac, but no option for HDMI in sound output in system prefs.

Any ideas anyone on what to try?

gustave said:
Thats exactly what I am doing, but I dont have HDMI as an output choice.
Thats the odd part.
Its plugged into the same TV as before with 10.7.2.

389 in about this mac, but no option for HDMI in sound output in system prefs.

Any ideas anyone on what to try?
First
Apologies for my mistake in the Tuneup Kit post. It has been corrected and noted below.

2/4/12 - 10.7.3/No Tuneup Kit required.
1. Use the link below for the latest ALC889 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext.
2. Without the Tuneup kit, HDMI audio is on HDMI2 (under the USB ports). Edited 2/8/12
3. For new installations, the H67N-USB3 dsdt edited for HD3000 HDMI audio or Nvidia/AMD HDMI audio is still available; download the Tuneup Kit v4 and install only the dsdt.

Second
Gustuv, for a new installation, use the dsdt from the the Tuneup Kit v4 as noted above. dsdt/HDEF/layout-id must be 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00 for HD3000 HDMI audio as noted in the 889_Lion_AppleHDA Read_Me_First. The layout-id in the dsdt database is incorrect for HDMI audio. If S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext is present, trash it.

If there is still a problem, reply with a copy of IOReg.

I am still having the issue of no audio over HDMI on clean install of Lion 10.7.3. Also, does anyone else have the video issues that I am having. When set to 1080i the resolution is great but the mouse lags, but 1080p looks jaggy and not great resolution. I have not touched the graphics options in multibeast. Any help would be appreciated!

Hor the Tunekit v4 dsdt with HDMI audio, should I install that in place of the DSDT from Tony's database if coming from a clean install?

Still not working.
Here is what I did.
Fresh 10.7.3
Multibeast selected network drivers, mac mini 5.1 and userDSDT with the tune up V4 kit DSDT.aml on the desktop.

Reboot, no output devices in sound. Video through HDMI no problem.
checked the /Extra/dsdt.aml with DSDT editor to ensure the layout_id was correct and it is.

Also ensure there is not an ALCxx in SLE.

Tried both HDMI ports.

Still nothing.

IOREG attached.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    24.9 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back