Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updatet to 10.7.3. No probs.

1. Backup.
2. Download 10.7.3 combo and install it.
3. Run Multibeast 4.2.1.
4. Install ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback from Realtek (Audio).
5. Install Lnx2Mac's ethernet driver.
6. Fix permissions.
7. Reboot.
8. You have a working 10.7.3 HACKINTOSH!

:headbang:

bc24 said:
I'm still on 10.7.2, but....
Regarding artifacts with HD 3000 on unlocked processors with Turbo Boost capabilities (i.e. Core i5 2500k, i7 2600k). I did a quick search to find out the core clock for HD 3000 and noticed that it is 850 mhz, and the unlocked processors can use Turbo Boost to get that up to 1100. I don't know if it makes much difference or not, but I went into BIOS of my H67N and underclocked the video down to 850 mhz so maybe it's more like a real Mac with HD 3000. I figured it's worth a try. So far, I haven't noticed artifacts, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it either.
I occasionally had (before changing the clock) a graphics freeze that requires a hard reboot (holding the power button down) to get things back again. When I looked at the logs it said something about "Blit graphics engine." I also noticed that freeze usually happened with flash video. Since changing the clock down, it froze once (like the first time I booted with the new setting).
Like I said, I haven't spent much time working with it and testing it out yet, but so far so good.
here's one of the places I found info about the graphics clock http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphi ... e-review/1
I've attached some pics of the BIOS setting I'm talking about
I'm also attaching a pic of the console showing the "apparent hang in Blit graphics engine" that I had gotten once in a while. It has since changed to "apparent hang in Main graphics engine". I haven't had this hang since Monday night right after I changed the graphics clock to 850, but I turn my machine off every night and then back on the next day. Some time I may just leave it on for an extended period and see what happens.
I wasn't able to find an answer about the graphics engine hang. I did come across it in some apple support community/forums, which I'm pretty sure were real Macs, but I didn't find a good answer.

Attachments

• bios-graphics-clock-screenshots.zip
    159.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-02 at 3.30.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-02 at 3.30.18 PM.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 173
jamirou said:

1. Backup.
3. Run Multibeast 4.2.1.
6. Fix permissions.
7. Reboot.

Yes indeed, perfect for me too!

:)

jamirou said:

1. Backup.
3. Run Multibeast 4.2.1.
6. Fix permissions.
7. Reboot.

Do you have working HDMI audio?

jamirou said:

1. Backup.
3. Run Multibeast 4.2.1.
6. Fix permissions.
7. Reboot.

After following these steps, I am on 10.7.3 without any problems.
I did notice some screen artifacts as before but this is no big deal.
I am also not using HDMI audio so thats still out there.

bc24 said:
bc24 said:
I'm still on 10.7.2, but....
Regarding artifacts with HD 3000 on unlocked processors with Turbo Boost capabilities (i.e. Core i5 2500k, i7 2600k). I did a quick search to find out the core clock for HD 3000 and noticed that it is 850 mhz, and the unlocked processors can use Turbo Boost to get that up to 1100. I don't know if it makes much difference or not, but I went into BIOS of my H67N and underclocked the video down to 850 mhz so maybe it's more like a real Mac with HD 3000. I figured it's worth a try. So far, I haven't noticed artifacts, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it either.
I occasionally had (before changing the clock) a graphics freeze that requires a hard reboot (holding the power button down) to get things back again. When I looked at the logs it said something about "Blit graphics engine." I also noticed that freeze usually happened with flash video. Since changing the clock down, it froze once (like the first time I booted with the new setting).
Like I said, I haven't spent much time working with it and testing it out yet, but so far so good.

I understand that you reduce the speed of the video?
Will set the same option and watched too.
On the results have been reported.

+ Update

Set 850 Mhz. When the loaded GUI lags are common. Established in 1350 Mhz. While they are not. I should be tested.
One moment. X33 I have not. Maximum X31.

my GAH61N-USB3 with UniBEast findings

I am using the i3 2100 CPU with HD 2000 which was a mistake on my part. My first install worked with HDMI for a bit then I completely lost use of the CPU's Integrated Graphics. I had some Nvidea cards around so I figured I would try them out. Ironically the 7300 which didn't work in my previous dual core builds worked at 1024x768 and with options. My GT 120 was stuck at 800x600.

Then Clean install following this setup:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=42247

and

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... audio.html

I took my and did one Multibeast choice at a time.
First the DSDT with the .aml file on the desktop
Then Ethernet and so on.

This is in case I get an error, I know what is the problem.

It's working.... but not great, some video doesn't play right.
I got Digital out Optical to work by choosing Built IN Audio for some reason.
-also when I send the digital to my surround receiver, it spits out the l/r tracks
on my surround speakers as well.

I am doing this to make a HTPC using XMBC or plex. I have been on an original XBOX modded with XBMC, and assumed an i3 would solve playback problems. Ironically, so far the old black POS XBOX still wins out. I hope to reverse this by going to 10.6.8.

I hope this helps.

Oh, I forgot. I am not sure if the HD 2000 processing fried or if it's the MD. Gigabyte has no clue either. So I am deciding wether to RMA the MB. Any thoughts?

yurez54 said:
I understand that you reduce the speed of the video?
Will set the same option and watched too.
On the results have been reported.

+ Update

Set 850 Mhz. When the loaded GUI lags are common. Established in 1350 Mhz. While they are not. I should be tested.
One moment. X33 I have not. Maximum X31.
What motherboard and processor are you using? I'm using the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and Core i5 2500k. Not all motherboards and processors allow the use of the Turbo Boost settings in the same way. I'm guessing that's why your max multiplier is x31. My max is x37 (I think, I haven't looked recently, x33 is auto). Also, I do not experience any GUI lags, so I'm not sure about that.
Update
I managed to update to 10.7.3 and haven't noticed any artifacts yet. I'm still running 850mhz video clock on HD3000. The update didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. The Combo-update Installer wouldn't exit without restarting, so I had to use some boot flags and re-run multibeast once I got back to the system. I kept getting Multibeast installation failed error. Maybe I selected something that's incompatible. I also followed the process for the Tuneup Kit v4 once Multibeast finished. Everything seems to be ok so far. Like I said, the update wasn't as easy/clean as some people have mentioned earlier, but that was probably my mistake.
for Toleda,since I did the Tuneup kit v4 after updating to 10.7.3, I assume it replaced the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (I ran Kextbeast with the tuneupkitv4 version on the desktop). The info on that file in my S/L/E is 7.12.9. Should I have a version that corresponds to 10.7.3? What would that version number be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back