Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.7.3 is out. I'm pessimisctic that the new drivers won't solve the artifacts. :mrgreen:

Give it a try and let us all know.
Do you have reproducable artifacts under 10.7.2 currently?

gustave said:
I'm haven't, since I don't have the Mini. :p

gustave said:

I have them on my TV sometimes, but it's usually solved (99% of the time) by a simple reboot. Not glamourous, but with a SSD, it doesn't take too long.

I'm waiting to see how to get HDMI audio working again with the 10.7.3 update before I go ahead and do it. For reference, I used this (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...=43885&p=280805&fb_source=message&h=oAQGrodFu) thread to get my HDMI audio working the first time. In fact, I'm currently watching House on Hulu+ with zero artifacts. Just got finished watching an episode of The Walking Dead using Plex with no artifacts, also.

I realize there are instructions somewhere in this 174 page thread from back when we upgraded to 10.7.2 but since some things have changed since then I will just ask...

If you built the "Official CustoMac Mini 2011" described on the first page of this thread and have 10.7.2 on it now and want to upgrade to 10.7.3, what do you need to do after running the updater?

Also, according to this link, there are actually four different varieties of updater available. Two are for a server and most of us are not running a server, but do we want the "Client" or the "Client Combo" updater? EDIT: After reading this page I'd say probably best to start with the "Client Combo" to avoid the problems mentioned there!

I ask this now so that perhaps someone who successfully does the update will be kind enough to post and tell the rest of us exactly what you had to do.

(Alternately, if anyone has a link or page number for this information as was posted when 10.7.2 came out, even that would be more helpful than nothing. But it would be more helpful to hear from someone who's actually done the 10.7.3 update).

Thanks in advance!

What about 10.7.3?

yurez54 said:
What about 10.7.3?
I try it yesterday night and loose my ethernet and airport (pci to pcie adaptor) and sound.
I only fix sound with Toleda AppleHDA.
Ethernet and airport not fixed yet. :(

hi guys, anyone here using onboard hd3000 graphics with SL?
I am in 10.6.8 and it works 100% (qe/ci, resolutions, dvi out) but everytime at boot I have to put the computer to sleep and wake it up otherwise I can't see the desktop.. but it works after that so I think it difficult that anyone couldn't find a fix for this sleep thing :(
also, I see in the HP 4530s laptop installation thread they use it with SL without any problems.. so for desktops things shouldn't be so different I think, do they? :(

thanks in advance to anyone who could help me with this.. I wouldn't like to buy a external card or update to lion (and btw I am having problems with lion installation.. http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=48117&p=301856 :shifty: )

mrmojorisin17 said:
Hi all ;)
I'm going to buy a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 for my new iHTPC.
I'll use it to transfer my liquid-music to a DAC (Poth-Audio LiTe DAC-AH) and then to an amplifier (Rotel RA-04 SE).
Now, the motherboard's sound card have both:
1) optical S/PDIF Out connector
2) coaxial S/PDIF Out connector
and also the DAC have both.
So, are the two motherboard's connectors works?
Thanks for the answers :)
No one could test if the optical or coaxial or both S/PDIF Out connector works?

Has anyone else done the update to 10.7.3? Just curious the exact steps and upside with the macmini recommended build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back