Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble with the apple magic trackpad lagging at times? Don't know how to fix. Maybe it's my Bluetooth? I have the Jabra A320s Bluetooth adapter. My Bluetooth apple wireless keyboard works fine. Also when I plug in a USB mouse it works fine. Any help would be great.

ssuhy7781 said:
Anyone else having trouble with the apple magic trackpad lagging at times? Don't know how to fix. Maybe it's my Bluetooth? I have the Jabra A320s Bluetooth adapter. My Bluetooth apple wireless keyboard works fine. Also when I plug in a USB mouse it works fine. Any help would be great.

Im using a Belkin Mini Adapter BT, no problems here :think:

Thank you KidCastro :)

So maybe I just need a new Bluetooth adapter. I will also try a different USB port.

Before my new GA-H61N-USB3 comes in the mail I want to make sure I've got the steps right for doing this install.. last time I did something wrong and bricked a motherboard.

My hardware is as follows:
MI-008 Tower Black P4 Chassis with 250W Itx Psu+sata Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Intel H61 Express Chipset Mini ITX DDR3 800 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboard
2x Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3 Memory (I'll only use one for the install, then add the other later)
Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
Intel Core I3-2105 Processor

I've got an LG internal SATA DVD drive that I'm going to use to install Snow Leopard (it worked fine on my last try) and then hopefully, if everything does as planned, switch it out for a 2TB Seagate HD once everything is working properly.

This is what I'm thinking. I would very much appreciate your opinions on whether this is the right way to go. I don't have access to a mac, nor do I want to purchase the Lion thumb drive since I already bought the Snow Leopard disc..

Here's my plan..

1. Install Snow Leopard with iboot. Simple enough. I did this before without any issues.
2. Download Lion from app store for $29.
3. Download Unibeast and use it to create a bootable Lion 8gig usb drive from the Lion app I downloaded.
4. Restart and boot from Lion USB drive.
5. Install Lion.
6. Restart again and boot from Lion USB drive.
7. Run MultiBeast for Lion with DSDT file for my motherboard and bios version and check off the boxes as shown in Tonymac's initial post in this thread.
8. Restart and boot without Lion USB drive.
9. Open Multibeast for Lion but do not run.
10. Download 10.7.2 rollup and install but DO NOT REBOOT. (I think this is where I blew it last time)
11. Run Multibeast for Lion again to install the AppleHDA Rollback.
12. Restart, boot up, and start having fun.

Sound good?

edit: Actually, I can skip numbers 9-12 since I'll be downloading 10.7.2 from the app store, right?

EastCoast said:
Before my new GA-H61N-USB3 comes in the mail I want to make sure I've got the steps right for doing this install.. last time I did something wrong and bricked a motherboard.

My hardware is as follows:
MI-008 Tower Black P4 Chassis with 250W Itx Psu+sata Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Intel H61 Express Chipset Mini ITX DDR3 800 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboard
2x Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3 Memory (I'll only use one for the install, then add the other later)
Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
Intel Core I3-2105 Processor

I've got an LG internal SATA DVD drive that I'm going to use to install Snow Leopard (it worked fine on my last try) and then hopefully, if everything does as planned, switch it out for a 2TB Seagate HD once everything is working properly.

This is what I'm thinking. I would very much appreciate your opinions on whether this is the right way to go. I don't have access to a mac, nor do I want to purchase the Lion thumb drive since I already bought the Snow Leopard disc..

Here's my plan..

1. Install Snow Leopard with iboot. Simple enough. I did this before without any issues.
2. Download Lion from app store for $29.
3. Download Unibeast and use it to create a bootable Lion 8gig usb drive from the Lion app I downloaded.
4. Restart and boot from Lion USB drive.
5. Install Lion.
6. Restart again and boot from Lion USB drive.
7. Run MultiBeast for Lion with DSDT file for my motherboard and bios version and check off the boxes as shown in Tonymac's initial post in this thread.
8. Restart and boot without Lion USB drive.
9. Open Multibeast for Lion but do not run.
10. Download 10.7.2 rollup and install but DO NOT REBOOT. (I think this is where I blew it last time)
11. Run Multibeast for Lion again to install the AppleHDA Rollback.
12. Restart, boot up, and start having fun.

Sound good?

edit: Actually, I can skip numbers 9-12 since I'll be downloading 10.7.2 from the app store, right?

I did it with unibeast and no snow leopard...and yes I updated first (before multibeast)

mutron said:
EastCoast said:

holy **** dude, how did you brick a MB?

I skipped a step in the process to update Snow Leopard, restarted, during boot I saw some message that firmware was updating and then the video outputs would not work at all. Tried resetting CMOS, taking the battery out, everything. I ran out of options so I bought a new one. I suppose it could be a power supply issue (this is my very first build), but I'm hoping its the MB. Guess I'll find out in a couple days.

I searched this site and it seems like it's actually happened to several other people. I guess we all screwed up in the exact same way.

Halo. Just planning to install todays evening this build on my machine. I have 2 questions.
1. Do I correctly understand that with Lion i can properly use only HDMI except of VGA? My situation is that i have VGA monitor and HDMI TV and want to use them both one for work and one for entertainment and both at the same time. And for HDMI audio i need to update BIOS to F7 from existing F5?
2. I have only blank HDD and no apple machine on hands. Can I somehow begin install with Lion or only decision is step-by-step from SnowLeopard to Lion?

archkonst said:
Halo. Just planning to install todays evening this build on my machine. I have 2 questions.
1. Do I correctly understand that with Lion i can properly use only HDMI except of VGA? My situation is that i have VGA monitor and HDMI TV and want to use them both one for work and one for entertainment and both at the same time. And for HDMI audio i need to update BIOS to F7 from existing F5?
2. I have only blank HDD and no apple machine on hands. Can I somehow begin install with Lion or only decision is step-by-step from SnowLeopard to Lion?
1. You can't use the VGA. Only the 2x HDMI. A HDMI to DVI adapter can solve the problem. It's very recommended that you update the BIOS to F7.
2. Go to a store where Macs are sold and make the Unibeast pendrive on one of the machines.

EastCoast said:
mutron said:
EastCoast said:

holy **** dude, how did you brick a MB?

I skipped a step in the process to update Snow Leopard, restarted, during boot I saw some message that firmware was updating and then the video outputs would not work at all. Tried resetting
CMOS, taking the battery out, everything. I ran out of options so I bought a new one. I suppose it could be a power supply issue (this is my very first build), but I'm hoping its the MB. Guess I'll find out in a couple days.

I searched this site and it seems like it's actually happened to several other people. I guess we all screwed up in the exact same way.

Have you tried putting in graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back