Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamirou said:
Got the front audio plugs working with HD AUDIO connector plugged to mobo. Now theres only the sleep issues and little slowing with crappy hd 3000.

My advise, wait till 10.7.3, everyone knows HD 3000 is buggy at the moment... some are experiencing worse issues than others using the same hardware :?

KidCastro said:
jamirou said:
Got the front audio plugs working with HD AUDIO connector plugged to mobo. Now theres only the sleep issues and little slowing with crappy hd 3000.

My advise, wait till 10.7.3, everyone knows HD 3000 is buggy at the moment... some are experiencing worse issues than others using the same hardware :?

I know you mean artifacts but i really don't get them. I think artifacts come from voltage failures from psu. I have a 400w silverstar psu and everything works ok. I just really need power from gpu - i don't want to have laggy UI. :yawn:

jamirou said:
KidCastro said:
jamirou said:

I know you mean artifacts but i really don't get them. I think artifacts come from voltage failures from psu. I have a 400w silverstar psu and everything works ok. I just really need power from gpu - i don't want to have laggy UI. :yawn:
With good PSU's get the people artifacts... it's the HD3000 own self.

mutron said:
jateelover said:
help would be appreciated...had the build working up through the bios settings. i chose load optimized defaults, and now it just boots up to the Gigabyte welcome screen, then restarts no matter what I pressed...just does this over and over again...thanks

load optimised defaults the you have to reconfigure the bios hpet to 64-bit and sata-ahci etc and save then reboot

Thanks for the response. I can't do this though. I loaded optimized defaults and restarted like the guide said. I can't access the bios or anything. I get to the gigabyte welcome screen (picture of gigabyte logo etc, with the function commands below to enter bios, etc), then it restarts over and over. I reset the CMOS, changed out the battery, and it still restarts over and over. Fans spin up, disk drive starts up, etc, then it restarts. pressing any of the the commands on the keyboard does nothing. Was working correctly until I chose load optimized defaults. I am new to this, but I believe from what I have read it is not even getting to the POST. Thanks again for the help

Hi everybody.
My custom mini runs fine for 2 months.
I want to buy a dell u2412m with 1920x1200 resolution (matches the max resolution of HD3000 in H67N).
Anybody has any experience with this resolution and 16:10?

I have this monitor and it works fine, you just need a hdmi dvi converter since there are no hdmi ports on the u2412m

tylermmoore said:
I have this monitor and it works fine, you just need a hdmi dvi converter since there are no hdmi ports on the u2412m
Thanks!!!
Any problem viewing 16:9 movies? And games?

santitf said:
tylermmoore said:
Thanks!!!
Any problem viewing 16:9 movies? And games?
What games want to play with HD3000?

load optimised defaults the you have to reconfigure the bios hpet to 64-bit and sata-ahci etc and save then reboot[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I can't do this though. I loaded optimized defaults and restarted like the guide said. I can't access the bios or anything. I get to the gigabyte welcome screen (picture of gigabyte logo etc, with the function commands below to enter bios, etc), then it restarts over and over. I reset the CMOS, changed out the battery, and it still restarts over and over. Fans spin up, disk drive starts up, etc, then it restarts. pressing any of the the commands on the keyboard does nothing. Was working correctly until I chose load optimized defaults. I am new to this, but I believe from what I have read it is not even getting to the POST. Thanks again for the help[/quote]

are you pressing delete to get to bios? is keyboard plugged in?[/quote]

Lol yes the keyboard is plugged in. I have tried delete and every other button that enters anything else (qflash, etc)...honestly, i don't think it is even getting to that point. I would think it was a bad mobo or something, but it worked until I set optimized defaults. Thanks.

Want to build this custom build but the recommended mobo is nowhere to be found. Any other mobos you guys recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back