Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new build I am helping my friend with is hanging on install. We have updated the bios but at the initial loading screen we are getting the circle with the line through it.

He has the H61N board. Any suggestions as to what to do next? We have also tried the -x command using the Lion usb drive.

trickybreeze said:
Scrumpit said:
I have the exact [CustoMac Mini 2011] Build.

mobo= GA-H67N-USB3-B3 (rev. 1.0)
cpu= Intel Core i3-2105
ram= CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
case and power supply= APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX
HDD= 750GB Seagate

This is what I did:

In Bios I set:

- Loaded Optimized Defaults
-HPET 64 bit mode
-SATA to AHCI mode
-"384mb +2 for GTT" for "On-Chip Frame Buffer Size"
(i'm guessing is the same as as "shared video RAM" option as described in the first post)

Question: Do i really need to "Update your BIOS to F7"? Isn't this already loaded on the motherboard?

I install Lion 10.7 Via a USB stick.

I place this file on my desktop (DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml) & Run MultiBeast w/ these settings (download/file.php?id=14736)

& Restart the compter.

When I boot without using "Safe Mode" It actually works, but the computer runs reeaally slowly.

What's the deal w/ that & How do I go about Updating the "Lion 10.7.2 Combo Update" without seeing this screen?
file.php

After somebody gets me through this, I suppose I will then use the Kexts & DSDT file located in the "CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit - version 4".

Your Help is Appreciated, It has taking me 2 days to get to this point.

yes, you really need to update to F7

When I had that screen I found if I did NOT use the blue usb ports and the blue sata connectors that error went away. UPDATE your bios first!
you don't need the tuneup kit unless you want hdmi audio

Last edited by a moderator:
KidCastro said:
gbsnplr said:
I have a very perplexing problem. I am helping a neighbor build a mini. We are using the H61N board. We have hooked everything on the board up correctly (at least we think so) but when the power switch is turned on you can see the cpu fan spin the stop and the system wont post.

We have re-seated the cpu
Checked the usb blocks and case connectors to make sure + is + and - is -.
Changed the power supple.

Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas?

If you are 100% certain everything is connected properly, could be a faulty board.

Long shot but please let us know the outcome.

;)

I knew it was a faulty board ;)

Still stumped however. I have have it to the screen where it asks for the disk to install on but there are no disks in the window. How do I solve this issue :)?

gbsnplr said:
Still stumped however. I have have it to the screen where it asks for the disk to install on but there are no disks in the window. How do I solve this issue :)?

you have to change the drive mode from IDE to AHCI in the bios

trickybreeze said:
gbsnplr said:

I did that. When I go back to the bios I now don't see the drive listed in the CMOS. I am stumped.

gbsnplr said:
trickybreeze said:
gbsnplr said:

I did that. When I go back to the bios I now don't see the drive listed in the CMOS. I am stumped.

for all the problems you are having you should just reset the cmos with the jumper on the board. reflash with F7. go from there.

yeah that is something strange one usb 3.0 even though I get the superspeed (got an ssd in a usb 3.0 case) and I get very good transfer rates (had the eject problem too until I used the other usb plug for power in a usb 2.0 port you might be having a power issue as well) it shows up as 480 Mbps even though it's connecting at 5 mbps it's really strange mac just doesn't like usb 3.0 I guess.
terramir

The board is a H61N but I updated to the F2 Bios and is in the ACHI mode. Does the HD show up in the CMOS of your computer with ACHI used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back