Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musicalchairs said:
toleda said:
Musicalchairs said:
HDMI Audio does not show up in SOUND - OUTPUT

What am I doing wrong ?

I have 10.7.2 Installed via UniBeast USB
Sapphire 5570 installed
Reply with a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As.....). What HDMI device are you using?

I am using the HDMI output on the 5570.

Sorry if thats not what you were asking.

Attached is my IOREG
What is the HDMI output of the 5570 connected to? What color is the S/L/E/ATI5000Controller.kext? Attach a copy of the dsdt.aml you have installed

Toleda is it worth updating the attached image of Multibeast in the first post? Maybe include USB3 and Trim Enabler?

Just an idea, not sure if the current is there just to show the minimum needed to get a working machine.

Keep up the good work :)

Musicalchairs said:
toleda said:
Musicalchairs said:
HDMI Audio does not show up in SOUND - OUTPUT

What am I doing wrong ?

I have 10.7.2 Installed via UniBeast USB
Sapphire 5570 installed
Reply with a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As.....). What HDMI device are you using?

I am using the HDMI output on the 5570.

Sorry if thats not what you were asking.

Attached is my IOREG
What is the HDMI output of the 5570 connected to? What color is the S/L/E/ATI5000Controller.kext? Attach a copy of the dsdt.aml you have installed[/quote]

HDMI out is connected to a BENQ 24" LED MONITOR
It can be connected to a 50" THP50VT20A Panasonic Plasma via a Yamaha RXV667 7.2 Amp/Receiver

Color of S/L/E/ATI5000Controller.kext = Blue

DSDT = This one "customac_mini_sapphire_hd_5570_hdmi_audio"

Sorry I am at work and cannot attach it to this reply.

Thanks for all your help so far mate

That Guy said:
Toleda is it worth updating the attached image of Multibeast in the first post? Maybe include USB3 and Trim Enabler?

Just an idea, not sure if the current is there just to show the minimum needed to get a working machine.

Thanks for the suggestion. tonymacx86 takes care of that. Typically the guides have the minimum functionality to insure a successful install as well as commonality to similar builds. The user can add those capabilities at any time by running MultiBeast again and selecting those items.

Back to the USB 3.0 topic, please check the version of S/L/E/PXHCD.kext you installed and reply back.

toleda said:
That Guy said:

Thanks for the suggestion. tonymacx86 takes care of that. Typically the guides have the minimum functionality to insure a successful install as well as commonality to similar builds. The user can add those capabilities at any time by running MultiBeast again and selecting those items.

Back to the USB 3.0 topic, please check the version of S/L/E/PXHCD.kext you installed and reply back.

From what I can see v1.0.8 (found this by browsing the package contents)

USB Super-Speed Bus:
Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: PXHCD
PCI Device ID: 0x0194
PCI Revision ID: 0x0004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x1033
Bus Number: 0x00

Its the one included with the newly released MultiBeast.

Hey Guys,

I just built a mini system...

Intel Core i3 2500

4GB Kingston Ram

Gigabyte H61

Powerlogic Case

I just can't seem to get it past the grey desktop screen. :((

I used Unibeast directly to install Mac OS X Lion from the App Store, created a bootable USB Drive, and installed just fine. Went through the installer just great.

Then when I rebooted from the Hard Disk, it goes through the spinning gear & Apple Logo screen just fine. Then I see a blue screen (like desktop blue), and this immediately changes to grey, and then it just hangs there.

I can move the mouse and see the cursor, the computer even goes to sleep. But there's no Finder, no desktop, no icons, nothing, just a grey screen.

I turned on -v, but it went through all of it just fine, nothing hit a wall.

Been at this for 5 hours now...

Any ideas? Much appreciated :/

Sorry mistake, Intel Core i3 2100 (I couldn't find 2105 in Asia!)

Thanks!

tachyio said:
Hey Guys,

I just built a mini system...

Intel Core i3 2500

4GB Kingston Ram

Gigabyte H61

Powerlogic Case

I just can't seem to get it past the grey desktop screen. :((

I used Unibeast directly to install Mac OS X Lion from the App Store, created a bootable USB Drive, and installed just fine. Went through the installer just great.

Then when I rebooted from the Hard Disk, it goes through the spinning gear & Apple Logo screen just fine. Then I see a blue screen (like desktop blue), and this immediately changes to grey, and then it just hangs there.

I can move the mouse and see the cursor, the computer even goes to sleep. But there's no Finder, no desktop, no icons, nothing, just a grey screen.

I turned on -v, but it went through all of it just fine, nothing hit a wall.

Been at this for 5 hours now...

Any ideas? Much appreciated :/

Got really bad news. i3 2100 has Intel HD 2000 integrated graphics. Lion has no support for this. You need a CPU that has HD3000 support for using integrated graphics or, you need to purchase a compatable discrete Graphics Card.

so I installed both windos 7 and lion again with the on-chip buffer size set to 288. I decided to try this one cause that is what the mac mini spec say. The whole thing crashed once when I tried to open a new tab in safari but so far it was just an isolated incident. I did notice that the graphic glitches and artifacts are not present now. I used to get small lines across the screen/app like in chrome.... or when the screen saver goes on there might be a white block where the mouse is.... etc... Still testing.

Would you recommend an app on the mac to use for benchmarking my graphics? I want to push it to the max and test for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back