Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musicalchairs said:
HDMI Audio does not show up in SOUND - OUTPUT

What am I doing wrong ?

I have 10.7.2 Installed via UniBeast USB
Sapphire 5570 installed
Reply with a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As.....). What HDMI device are you using?

toleda said:
Musicalchairs said:

What am I doing wrong ?

Sapphire 5570 installed
Reply with a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As.....). What HDMI device are you using?

Hi Toleda, since you use the same board. Do your USB 3.0 ports work?

:?

KidCastro said:
toleda said:
Musicalchairs said:

What am I doing wrong ?

Sapphire 5570 installed

Try System Utilities in MB. Maybe the USB kexts installed wrong. Or install the kexts again with SU.

KidCastro said:
I tested USB 3.0 today based on your request. Installed the 1.0.7 PXHCD from MultiBeast. Reboot and SuperSpeed Bus shows up in System Profiler with a speed of 480 Mb/s. I used a disk drive adapter with the USB 3.0 interface and a SSD. As a test, I used SuperDuper to copy a 18.5 GB OS X partition on a SSD to the drive adapter/SSD. The top speed was 50 mb/s. Unfortunately, the copy stopped with a "Device was not ejected properly..." error message at about 12.5 GB transferred. The failure was catastrophic to my system. Console is full of errors, Disk Utility froze; finally had to reboot. On reboot, SuperSpeed Bus no longer appears even though the kext loads and the drive is not longer visible to the system.

I had the same issue with version 1.0.1 on my H55N which is why I don't use USB 3.0. Occasional read and writes seem to be fine but something breaks with high throughput. I use eSATA, with the same SSD and get 65 Mb/s in the SuperDuper trial above, with a successful conclusion.

Bear mind, my comments are based on my experience with two systems and others may have been more successful than I was.

toleda said:
KidCastro said:
I tested USB 3.0 today based on your request. Installed the 1.0.7 PXHCD from MultiBeast. Reboot and SuperSpeed Bus shows up in System Profiler with a speed of 480 Mb/s. I used a disk drive adapter with the USB 3.0 interface and a SSD. As a test, I used SuperDuper to copy a 18.5 GB OS X partition on a SSD to the drive adapter/SSD. The top speed was 50 mb/s. Unfortunately, the copy stopped with a "Device was not ejected properly..." error message at about 12.5 GB transferred. The failure was catastrophic to my system. Console is full of errors, Disk Utility froze; finally had to reboot. On reboot, SuperSpeed Bus no longer appears even though the kext loads and the drive is not longer visible to the system.

I had the same issue with version 1.0.1 on my H55N which is why I don't use USB 3.0. Occasional read and writes seem to be fine but something breaks with high throughput. I use eSATA, with the same SSD and get 65 Mb/s in the SuperDuper trial above, with a successful conclusion.

Bear mind, my comments are based on my experience with two systems and others may have been more successful than I was.

Try the MB 4.2 USB3 kexts.

Just about to install a couple of things from the new MultiBeast 4.2 do people know if they should work with my setup:

- USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas and Etron
- Trim Enabler (my HD Supports Trim)

Also is there anything in the 4.2 Multibeast that I should update?

toleda said:
Musicalchairs said:

What am I doing wrong ?

Sapphire 5570 installed

I am using the HDMI output on the 5570.

Sorry if thats not what you were asking.

Attached is my IOREG

Attachments

• ChrisMacMini.ioreg.zip
    414.9 KB · Views: 42
I don't know if I should be asking this here but... I am trying to get my box to dual boot. I got my mac working but windows 7 is having issues when you set the on-chip frame buffer size to 480. I tried 64, 128, 256, 480. It feels like windows runs slower as you up the size. at 480 it is pretty much stalled.

also i been looking around online and I see that intel hd 3000 supports DVMT (up to 1.7 GB). does OSX lion support this? this might be a stupid question but doesn't this mean we can set it to 64 in the bios and as long as lion request more memory it would work? I'm going to try installing lion with 64 MB on-chip frame buffer size. if anyone already know this will fail horrible please tell me so i don't waste 2 hours XD

my system
CPU: i5-2500k
Motherboard: GA-Z68XP-UD3 REV 1.0 F6
Ram: 2 x (G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL)

That Guy said:
Just about to install a couple of things from the new MultiBeast 4.2 do people know if they should work with my setup:

USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas and Etron works on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 REV 1.0 F6

esmaru said:
That Guy said:

USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas and Etron works on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 REV 1.0 F6

Cheers!

Gave it a whirl and now have working USB3 Ports and Trim is Enabled for my SSD Drive :)

Happy Happy :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back