Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I completed my build the other night and got everything working with the exception of: my usb external hard drive disconnects every time the comp sleeps.

One question though; i used the settings for multibeast at the end of the unibeat guide. I just saw that the recommended settings for this build differ slightly from what I used; ie: I used the file for a mac pro, I used the lnx2mac drivers and any other differences between the unibeat guide and the screenshot of the multibest settings for this build.

Is there any harm in re-running multibeast to get the correct settings in?
Is there any advantage to doing it?
I have the V4 tune up kit installed as well, if I were to redo the multibeast settings, would I need to reinstall the v4 tuneup?

mikerf12 said:
Is there any harm in re-running multibeast to get the correct settings in?
Is there any advantage to doing it?
I have the V4 tune up kit installed as well, if I were to redo the multibeast settings, would I need to reinstall the v4 tuneup?
Depends what you did the first time, however, the risk is low.
Don't select any MultiBeast Audio and the Tuneup Kit will survive.

My Build is:

Intel Core i5 2500k + Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 + 8 GB RAM + Intel HD3000 + Tonymac DSDT + TuneKit v4. + Samsung 22" 1680 x 1050 LCD.

Everything is working fine (even HDMI audio). But i have a little problem: some horizontal lines sporadically in my screen.

I change the clock of the HD3000 in the BIOS to a low value, but i don't have success with this.

Anyone has a solution for this?

Sorry about my english. Im learning. :)

uelitonjunior said:
My Build is:

Intel Core i5 2500k + Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 + 8 GB RAM + Intel HD3000 + Tonymac DSDT + TuneKit v4. + Samsung 22" 1680 x 1050 LCD.

Everything is working fine (even HDMI audio). But i have a little problem: some horizontal lines sporadically in my screen.

I change the clock of the HD3000 in the BIOS to a low value, but i don't have success with this.

it's one of the issues with HD3000. They are not always there. Try restarting. Rumor is, the new drivers that will come with 10.7.3 will fix the graphics issues.

bc24 said:
uelitonjunior said:
My Build is:

it's one of the issues with HD3000. They are not always there. Try restarting. Rumor is, the new drivers that will come with 10.7.3 will fix the graphics issues.

I believe we need to wait at this time for future development. Its relatively low cost build that can handle most tasks with ease ;)

Mate94 said:
Boot with "npci=0x2000".

sad to say it but this didnt work for me either.
still having the screen as per attached... :crazy:
any other tips?

Attachments

• Mac Screen.jpg
    Mac Screen.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 125
X-pression said:
Mate94 said:
Boot with "npci=0x2000".

any other tips?

Try to boot with PCIRootUID=1 or PCIRootUID=0 and/or both together with npci=0x2000 ,please.

shibirian said:
X-pression said:
Mate94 said:
Boot with "npci=0x2000".

any other tips?

Try to boot with PCIRootUID=1 or PCIRootUID=0 and/or both together with npci=0x2000 ,please.

sorry if I sound noob.. but how do i enter 2 type of boot commands?
when i finish typing PCIRootUID=1 and press Enter then it should start to load.
so how do I key in the ncpi=0x2000?

thanks.

X-pression said:
sorry if I sound noob.. but how do i enter 2 type of boot commands?
when i finish typing PCIRootUID=1 and press Enter then it should start to load.
so how do I key in the ncpi=0x2000?
Easy. You just type all these commands in a row with a space in-between them and hit enter.

For example, you could type GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=3 and then you would hit Enter.

Good Luck. :thumbup:

CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit - version 2 (Deprecated)

CustoMac Mini with AMD HD 5xxx or 6xxx HDMI Audio

Requirements:
1. GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7
2. 64 bit Lion 10.7.2
3. AMD HD 5xxx or 6xxx graphics card with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Installation:
1. Copy dsdt.aml from customac_mini_sapphire_hd_5570_hdmi_audio download below to Extra Folder
2. Edit ATI5000Controller/ATI6000Controller per guide: viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32037

Examples:
1. Sapphire HD 6870
No editing required, works OOB
2. Sapphire HD 5570
Installation instructions included in Download
Attachment:
customac_mini_sapphire_hd_5570_hdmi_audio.zip [426.26 KiB]
Downloaded 102 times

I've followed these instructions to the letter.

No Love.

Card works great for Video.

HDMI Audio does not show up in SOUND - OUTPUT

What am I doing wrong ?

I have 10.7.2 Installed via UniBeast USB
Sapphire 5570 installed

I even followed this to understand how the above was reached.
viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32037

Any help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back