Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
longtom said:
Mate94 said:
longtom said:
Is the HD3000 capable of running 2560x1440?
Yep.

Then I'll tray Cinema Thunderbolt Display ;)

Well, the HD3000 it seems working on Mac with this resolution. But... how do you want to use that display? HDMI-DP?

the display from my customac seems to be zooomed in i cant see the top bar as its cut off

Does anybody know of a case that would work for this build that would accommodate two 3.5" hard drives and have enough power to run an 2500K and the Radeon HD 5570? I was looking at the Sugo Series SG05BB-450, but it only takes one 3.5" drive. I'd really like to be able to dual boot.

SweetAmmonia said:
Does anybody know of a case that would work for this build that would accommodate two 3.5" hard drives and have enough power to run an 2500K and the Radeon HD 5570? I was looking at the Sugo Series SG05BB-450, but it only takes one 3.5" drive. I'd really like to be able to dual boot.
You can dual boot, with one drive by using different partitions

IIIBossonsIII said:
the display from my customac seems to be zooomed in i cant see the top bar as its cut off
Also the lion installer says i need at least an i3 to update but I have an i3 any fix for this?

Q: When does a Hack equal a Mac? A: When its been TonyMac and Toledaed! ;) ! The new tuneup kit works very well. Thank You!

tonymacx86 said:
Ok- now that 10.7.2 is officially out- the beans can be spilled. The drivers are much much nicer now for Intel HD 3000- I'm getting 0 artifacts. Everyone with this build should update right away. toleda is going to be posting an update for the CustoMac Mini tuneup kit soon.

I was still seeing the artefact problem after 10.7.2. Especially when I played videos (on Plex) or when I moved windows around quickly. Since the problem looks like over-writes or mis-writes to the screen buffer I started thinking about the RAM. In my case I have Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 (1600MHz) and when checking out the compatibility I first noticed that the board that we're all using has no XMP setting and seems to max out at 1333 MHz. While thinking about how to match the board with the memory I noticed that you can adjust the internal graphics clock. I lowered the setting from 1100 to 1000 and the artefacts seem to have COMPLETELY disappeared.

I have since read on the gigabyte forums that there may be a CPU / Internal Memory controller issue and this board that also suggests that upping the graphics core voltage (by 1 increment) also helps stabilize the board and that this may be a sign that there is a voltage regulation problem on the board.

I will report back after I have time tested both solutions.

Chris

IIIBossonsIII said:
IIIBossonsIII said:
Also the lion installer says i need at least an i3 to update but I have an i3 any fix for this?
Help please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back