Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the "world of hackintosh"...i want to buy one..but i want that this pc will work well...is totally work with lion or not?? i search a pc that work at 100 %

sorry for my bad english...

Ok- now that 10.7.2 is officially out- the beans can be spilled. The drivers are much much nicer now for Intel HD 3000- I'm getting 0 artifacts. Everyone with this build should update right away. toleda is going to be posting an update for the CustoMac Mini tuneup kit soon.

Mate94 said:
Connie Mac said:
Any artifacts so far?

I've had lines in the screen a couple of times, but otherwise it is working fine. I have the blue SATA2 connectors for my boot SSD and my 1.5TB home drives, and a SATA3 connector for my Time Machine drive.

Does anyone know of a Firewire 800 low-profile PCI card that is compatible with this board? Newegg is my preferred source.

ok so ive tried everything i could possibly do. my drive is not detected in iboot 3.1.1 and 3.2 and rboot but when i enter sl install its detected. it had 120 files installed and still nothing.

why is everyone else installing sl so perfectly and i get this crappy end of this stick?

i followed every install guide to a T and it just wont work.

i feel like there is something missing between iboot+mb and the actually guide to this thing.

f7 bios
iboot
install
install failed
iboot and no drive is being detected just DVD

ps i know my drive works i had ubuntu on it.

OK, I'm having an audio issue. Playback using the rear green port is really muted. I've checked the cables and they're seated properly. In the Sound Preferences pane it is listed as "Internal Speakers". Strangely, when I plug in my earbuds to the front connector "Internal Speakers" changes to "Headphones" and the sound from that port is fine with the earbuds. When I plug the speakers into the front port it again switches to "Headphones" and they sound fine. There is also a "Line Out" which does not seem to function. With my other hackintosh, "Line Out" is the green port on the back, while "Headphones" is the green port on the front of the computer. I've never seen "Internal Speakers" on a hackintosh until this board/install. Any ideas?

Connie Mac said:
OK, I'm having an audio issue. Playback using the rear green port is really muted. ... Any ideas?

We have to work with what we get from Mac OS X. All real macs have a built in internal speaker. That audio device is configured to the green port (green/rear) on the motherboard. Again, like a mac, when you plug ear buds (headphone) into the green port on the chassis (green/front) audio is muted to the "Internal Speaker" and that audio device is labeled Headphone. It makes sense in the intended context. By the way, the Line Out is the Orange port (center/sub). I invite you to play with the path maps and pin configs but some of this is embedded.

Regarding the audio problem with the green/rear, it does not sound like software. Perhaps a damaged connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back