Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rilam said:
Wake from sleep KP?!

Does anyone else have it? My Customac Mini is running perfect now (not tested HDMI audio, using nvidia GTX 550 Ti) Only problem is a instant reboot when waking from sleep. The system is going to sleep on its own, and try to wake at first key / mouse stroke, but ends up in boot screen.

I have installed kexts from customac_mini_tuneup_kit_v2.zip and tried the terminal RTC patch

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
Worked perfect for my mac pro

Any other things i can try ?
"I did the patch on the AppleRTC.kext from the tuneup kit, forgot to backup the original one"

Specs in signature :)
The AppleRTC.kext in the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit is already patched for CMOS reset.

A note for anyone going from SL to Lion: We found that when running the rboot installer that the install hung at the spinner. Using the -v option we found that it was because the network was not being recognized - it appeared to hang while trying to load the network driver (we never did get the network to work under SL). The fix was to use the -x -v options when running rboot. I believe this causes it to run in Safe Mode and that bypassed the bad/missing driver long enough to allow the Lion install to complete. After the install completed the network actually worked until we ran MultiBeast and did not select anything in the network section, but then we ran Lnx2Mac and the network worked quite well. Unfortunately we had the artifacts so now we're trying a clean install as per the previous messages in this thread. It just completed and we are not seeing any artifacts so far! Now to install MultiBeast, Lnx2Mac, and the Customac Mini Tuneup Kit again..

When installing the customac mini tuneup kit, should we place the dsdt file in the extras folder if we have already run user dsdt through multibeast? Is it redundant to load dsdt file twice?

Thanks!

How can it be... Someone has no problems with it, and someone with the same build has.
I can't get inthernet to work
:banghead: PLEASE HELP

CustoMac Mini 2011
$322.60

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics - Newegg
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - Amazon
RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 - Amazon
Case + Power Supply Unit: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU - Amazon

:banghead: THANK YOU

try using the gigabyte one not the one from the guide also before restarting wait a minute or so until a window pops up asking you to go into network settings. this same thing happend to me but after using the gygabyte one and waiting that extra minute i had internet working.

hope it works.

cheers,
alex

adkardon said:
When installing the customac mini tuneup kit, should we place the dsdt file in the extras folder if we have already run user dsdt through multibeast? Is it redundant to load dsdt file twice?

Thanks!
If you have already done the CustoMac Mini installation, I recommend copying the dsdt from the Download folder to the Extra folder, replacing the one that is there. For the UserDSDT option in Multibeast, copy the dsdt from the Downloads Folder to the Desktop and select all options as shown in Post 1 of this thread (select 64 bit Apple Boot Screen as well). It is important to ensure the dsdt from the tuneup kit is the dsdt installed in the Extra folder before a restart.

I'm now completely flummoxed with this issue of no sound outputs in preferences.

While with the standard install method with multibeast seemed to go smoothly, in profiler my sound was showing up as the 889. No outputs showing in preferences.

Updating to the tune up kit worked fine also, but in profiler the sound changed to 885, still no outputs selectable in preferences.

I've read heavily on here and insanely Mac, but with no luck. I've tried re installing various kexts from multibeast including for no dsdt with no luck.

Any advice much appreciated.

Unable to boot from hdd

Not booting without iBoot, no eth

EDIT: It is working now (Thanks, matelot!!!). See my hints in a later thread for more on this.

Ok, I assembled all of the specified parts for this CustoMac Mini. Unfortunately, I'm stalled after installing 10.6.6.

What I've done far
  • Assemble hardware[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • booted with iBoot[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • used Snow Leopard DVD to partition hdd and install Snow Leopard[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • rebooted with iBoot[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • installed 10.6.6 combo update (did not reboot - per guide)[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • ran Multibeast 3.9.0 for Snow Leopard (I'm pretty sure my error is somewhere during Multibeast)[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • restarted, attempeted to boot off hdd - fail :( system hangs at grey Apple screen[/*:m:34h52bod]
  • boot using iBoot - Snow Leopard starts from hdd just fine, but without networking (essential to moving on)[/*:m:34h52bod]

Can someone include a screenshot of the requisite items that must be checked in Multibeast 3.9.0 for this build ...specifically for 10.6.6? I know that Tony has posted a screen shot for Multibeast 4.0.X + 10.7 but I'm not there yet.

Regarding Multibeast: I've run through a few full installs from scratch trying to figure out what I've done wrong. I've tried using EasyBeast Install and UserDSDT Install - I've failed on both.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Hardware
Intel Core i3-2105
GA-H67N-USB3-B3 rev 1.0 (bios updated to F7)
Corsair 4GB DDR 1333MHz (one RAM slot remains empty per guide)
Samsung Blu-Ray drive (worked successfully as installation drive)
cheesy USB keyboard and mouse

Re: Unable to boot from hdd

ersanchez said:
Not booting without iBoot, no eth

Ok, I assembled all of the specified parts for this CustoMac Mini. Unfortunately, I'm stalled after installing 10.6.6.

What I've done far
  • Assemble hardware[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • booted with iBoot[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • used Snow Leopard DVD to partition hdd and install Snow Leopard[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • rebooted with iBoot[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • installed 10.6.6 combo update (did not reboot - per guide)[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • ran Multibeast 3.9.0 for Snow Leopard (I'm pretty sure my error is somewhere during Multibeast)[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • restarted, attempeted to boot off hdd - fail :( system hangs at grey Apple screen[/*:m:2uc95ccr]
  • boot using iBoot - Snow Leopard starts from hdd just fine, but without networking (essential to moving on)[/*:m:2uc95ccr]

Can someone include a screenshot of the requisite items that must be checked in Multibeast 3.9.0 for this build ...specifically for 10.6.6? I know that Tony has posted a screen shot for Multibeast 4.0.X + 10.7 but I'm not there yet.

Regarding Multibeast: I've run through a few full installs from scratch trying to figure out what I've done wrong. I've tried using EasyBeast Install and UserDSDT Install - I've failed on both.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Hardware
Intel Core i3-2105
GA-H67N-USB3-B3 rev 1.0 (bios updated to F7)
Corsair 4GB DDR 1333MHz (one RAM slot remains empty per guide)

Samsung Blu-Ray drive (worked successfully as installation drive)
cheesy USB keyboard and mouse

You should use the MB 4.0.2, not the 3.9.

Anyone want to earn money as an install consultant?

Mate94 said:
You should use the MB 4.0.2, not the 3.9.

Unfortunately, I tried the Multibeast 4.0.2 version. It resulted in the same state as described above. :(

So far, I've spent way more time on this than I originally planned.

Is there anyone who has successfully completed this CustoMac Mini build that would like to make some money as a consultant? Send me a message if you're interested in holding my hand through this install - I will pay a fair rate.

EDIT: It is working now (Thanks, matelot!!). See my later thread for more on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back