Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montmac said:
Does anybody have this build using the HD3000 graphics without any artifacts?

No matter what I do, several clean installs, whatever, the artifacts always return.

I had artifacts before doing a clean, lion-only install. My upgraded SL gave lots of funnies, but I rebooted with rBoot, wiped out the SL partition and installed fresh using my xMove partition as described earlier in this thread and have no artifacts whatsoever.

I beat the snot out of this thing on the weekend - they're gone. :headbang:

SwissCanuck said:
Montmac said:
Does anybody have this build using the HD3000 graphics without any artifacts?

No matter what I do, several clean installs, whatever, the artifacts always return.

I had artifacts before doing a clean, lion-only install. My upgraded SL gave lots of funnies, but I rebooted with rBoot, wiped out the SL partition and installed fresh using my xMove partition as described earlier in this thread and have no artifacts whatsoever.

I beat the snot out of this thing on the weekend - they're gone. :headbang:
I did the same to get rid of the "artifacts"

ferdini said:
About CustoMac Mini Tuneup.
What exactly has been changed in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext ?
How adapt this for GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 or GA-Z68X-UD2H-B3 ?
And why enabling 3rd Party Sata on this board GA-H67N-USB3-B3 ?
Thanks for the answers.
For AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext edit with macmin5,1 and macbookpro8,1, see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=259705&view=findpost&p=1748414
For Z68MX or Z68X, I have to see an IOReg to determine what ports have which connector and then the correct edits can be specified.
The 3rd party SATA applies the internal drive icon rather than the firewire drive icon. Use instead of IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

So... if somebody has problems or artifacts with the build, need a Lion-only install. :thumbup:

Hey! Just built my first Hackintosh. I have the same components as Tony's customac mini. I have Lion working in with video over HDMI but I have no audio. When I look at the sound menu, there is no output options available. I did a clean install of Lion using Xmove and rBoot. I ran multibeast in Lion and used the exact same settings that Tony recommends on the first page of this message board.

Can someone help me get audio working. I would prefer it to work over HDMI, however if I can plug my speakers directly into the computer that would work as well. Should I install Toledo's tune up kit? My graphics appear to be working well and I don't want to do anything that might disrupt that!

Thanks!

adkardon said:
Hey! Just built my first Hackintosh. I have the same components as Tony's customac mini. I have Lion working in with video over HDMI but I have no audio. When I look at the sound menu, there is no output options available. I did a clean install of Lion using Xmove and rBoot. I ran multibeast in Lion and used the exact same settings that Tony recommends on the first page of this message board.

Can someone help me get audio working. I would prefer it to work over HDMI, however if I can plug my speakers directly into the computer that would work as well. Should I install Toledo's tune up kit? My graphics appear to be working well and I don't want to do anything that might disrupt that!

Thanks!
Yes, you should.

adkardon said:

Thanks!

I have this problem too. The tune up kit didn't help me.

I'm going to try and re-install the audio based kexts tonight, I'll report back if I have any success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back