Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent work toleda...
Here is my experience:
I have GA-H67N-USB3-B3_f7 with i5-2500K and integrated HD3000 graphics card. I have installed 10.7.0 in a new partition and then the combined patch to 10.7.2, Multibeast 4.1.0 with UserDSDT, SystemUtils, Audio/ALC8xxHDA, Audio/AppleHDA Rollback, Disk/3rdParty SATA, Lnx2Mac RTL81xx Driver v0.0.90, Kernel option Generate CPU state, Kernel option use kernel cache in the new partition. Then installed customac_mini_tuneup_kit_v3.zip in the new partition. Finally I rebooted to the new partition and followed the installation steps of Lion.
I have HD3000 working with my TV, audio over HDMI is working, network working fine.
The problems I find are:
- no microphone (analog) is presented in the Audio input
- sleep is not working (the TV is stopped, but the fan and the HDDs are still running)

Are these meant to be working with these kexts, dsdt?
How can I find why sleep is not working - can you reference some instructions for debugging?
Thank you

This is great, thank you so much tony, i made the CustoMac mini with i5 2500K, working perfectly with 10.7.2

ister said:
Excellent work toleda...
Here is my experience:
I have GA-H67N-USB3-B3_f7 with i5-2500K and integrated HD3000 graphics card. I have installed 10.7.0 in a new partition and then the combined patch to 10.7.2, Multibeast 4.1.0 with UserDSDT, SystemUtils, Audio/ALC8xxHDA, Audio/AppleHDA Rollback, Disk/3rdParty SATA, Lnx2Mac RTL81xx Driver v0.0.90, Kernel option Generate CPU state, Kernel option use kernel cache in the new partition. Then installed customac_mini_tuneup_kit_v3.zip in the new partition. Finally I rebooted to the new partition and followed the installation steps of Lion.
I have HD3000 working with my TV, audio over HDMI is working, network working fine.
The problems I find are:
- sleep is not working (the TV is stopped, but the fan and the HDDs are still running)

How can I find why sleep is not working - can you reference some instructions for debugging?
Thank you

HDMI Audio disabling the mic.
Sleep... look for in the topic.

Mate94 said:
ister said:
Excellent work toleda...
Here is my experience:
The problems I find are:

HDMI Audio disabling the mic.
Sleep... look for in the topic.

You refer to this fix? I guess it has already been applied to AppleRTC.kext that is in customac_mini_tuneup_kit_v3.zip

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Also some posts mention installing kernel extension NullCPUPowerMangement and kernel option SleepEnabler=Yes, but the kext is not recommended in this post to be installed and the post reports that sleep is working. Therefore there is something I am doing wrong, or the post could be improved mentioning this requirement.

Also from your post I understand that HDMI Audio is disabling the analog microphone. Currently in my system I have the Optical Digital-in port enabled that is of no use to me. Is there any plan to re-enable the analog microphone input? or a fix I can apply to enable the analog?

Mods and others that are helping, you are absolutely the greatest! I ordered the parts as specified and after one and a half days and about 6 reinstalls, I have everything working, even HDMI audio. One suggestion for everyone having problems:

FOLLOW THE FIRST POST!!!
up to and including tune up 3. I had a lot of the same problems that I am reading here but when I went back to basics and followed that first post, one and one half hours later, I'm done.

I am noticing one thing, the display is not as crisp as my other SL hackintosh. The SL has a PCIE low end card but I thought that the HD3000 would have been as good. Anyone else?

BTW: If I had to do it again, I'd have gotten the H61. DVI and cheaper.

Update:
Worked great for a few hours.
Remote logon worked once then I could not get back in.
System was good local login.
Fixed files through kext pgm then used multibeast and it blew away my HDMI audio
Redid the tuneup V3 and still no go
Multibeast and did the voodoo kext
Now the system will not boot.
Reload number 7 coming...
Not quite ready for prime time
I wonder if Snow is any more stable?

I have really been impressed with the other system that I have (3 years now) and wanted to use a proven system to upgrade and get everything working and with Lion. Oh well... This is STILL the best hackintosh out there (I believe) and thanks Tony for all your work.

ripe_md said:
Don't they fit because of the length/width or because of the height? I'm using a different case (Fractal Design R2 NAS Case) and the limiting factor seems to be the PCIe-SATA card.

The problem is the width and length. The RAM slots are very close...
Mine is more complicated because I have to use a Low profile cooler.

Re: Unable to boot from Unibeast USB flash drive.

billbixbeed said:
I have a stock build of the CustomMac Mini. I have flashed the BIOS to F7, loaded optimum defaults, set the SATA drive to ACHI, and set the boot order for USB Flash, then Hard drive. I have also tried Hard Drive then USB flash. I did not change the graphics memory, because I could not find the setting for that in the BIOS.

I have tested my Unibeast flash drive by booting it from my Macbook, so I know it is a bootable drive.

When I attempt to boot my build, with the Unibeast Flash drive in any USB slot, here is what happens:

Power-F12-HARD DRIVE+-KINGSTON (etc)-black screen "loading operating system ..."

Power-F12-USB-HDD- black screen "loading operating system ..."

A couple of other people have reported this problem in a separate thread here:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 46&start=0

Any ideas for what to try next?

Thank you for your help.

Are you using an rboot disk?

Are you following this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html?

I made a clean install using XMove+MB and worked great.

I believe this build has NIC Chipset so it would have USB3 Compatibility, correct me if I am wrong but is this correct?

Hi
I have read this discussion all and here's my first post here. Having made 4 reinstalls and I couldn't have got to boot without GraphicsEnabler=No. Also BIOS keeps being reset to defaults.

I assembled customac mini with Core i5 2500K GA-H67N-USB3-B3 2x4Gb DDR3 RAM 500Gb Seagate HDD and Apex MI008 with 250W PSU. As recommended I updated bios to v. F7. Settings I changed were SATA mode to AHCI, HPET mode to 64-bit. Since I got no dedicated GPU I choose UniBeast method to install Lion. I did use GraphicsEnabler=No booting all times before I had applied Multibeast. After I had booted into Lion I updated to 10.7.2 with combo client update and applied Multibeast UserDSDT with with both HDMI and non-HDMI dsdt files from database and options for repair permissions, mac mini specification, audio, network kexts.

So far process went smooth but when finished with multibeast reboot with default parameters fails (GraphicsEnabler=Yes). To boot into system I got to provide GraphicsEnabler=No parameter. It brings me to desktop with low resolution 1024x768. Another problem is BIOS settings keep being reset to default. So I need to reapply changed values like SATA to AHCI and HPET to 64 bit. Occasionally on boot screen appears with message CMOS has been corrupt or whatever and offers to boot with last known good configuration. Please suggest howto solve problem booting with defaults GraphicsEnabler=Yes and get HD 3000 working with full resolution.

PS. I use USB mouse and keyboard and VGA port to connect my monitor. And thank you for huge work you're doing.

uastan said:
Hi
I have read this discussion all and here's my first post here. Having made 4 reinstalls and I couldn't have got to boot without GraphicsEnabler=No. Also BIOS keeps being reset to defaults.

I assembled customac mini with Core i5 2500K GA-H67N-USB3-B3 2x4Gb DDR3 RAM 500Gb Seagate HDD and Apex MI008 with 250W PSU. As recommended I updated bios to v. F7. Settings I changed were SATA mode to AHCI, HPET mode to 64-bit. Since I got no dedicated GPU I choose UniBeast method to install Lion. I did use GraphicsEnabler=No booting all times before I had applied Multibeast. After I had booted into Lion I updated to 10.7.2 with combo client update and applied Multibeast UserDSDT with with both HDMI and non-HDMI dsdt files from database and options for repair permissions, mac mini specification, audio, network kexts.

So far process went smooth but when finished with multibeast reboot with default parameters fails (GraphicsEnabler=Yes). To boot into system I got to provide GraphicsEnabler=No parameter. It brings me to desktop with low resolution 1024x768. Another problem is BIOS settings keep being reset to default. So I need to reapply changed values like SATA to AHCI and HPET to 64 bit. Occasionally on boot screen appears with message CMOS has been corrupt or whatever and offers to boot with last known good configuration. Please suggest howto solve problem booting with defaults GraphicsEnabler=Yes and get HD 3000 working with full resolution.

PS. I use USB mouse and keyboard and VGA port to connect my monitor. And thank you for huge work you're doing.
VGA port doesn't work. You need HDMI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back