Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How to control CPU Fan speed

Mate94 said:
coaxx said:
I have successfully running this customac now, but I have one question:

How to adjust CPU Fanspeed? I tried SMC Monitor kexts but iStatmenues and fancontrol only shows system fan speed (unadjustable). Since the Bios does not offer settings to slow down the cpu fan speed effectively, I am searching for a solution for this. In windows you can adjust this with the Gigabyte tool provided on their website (I think it is called "Easytune 6").
Did you tried this?
smcFanControl does not work on a hack.[/quote]

I tried without success. As iStat Menues it only shows System fan Speed.[/quote]
you can set the fan mode to silent in the bios. it makes a big difference in terms of noise. temperature has stayed the same for me. That is the only way to set the fan speed with this build.

ssuhy7781 said:
Anyone else having trouble with the apple magic trackpad lagging at times? Don't know how to fix. Maybe it's my Bluetooth? I have the Jabra A320s Bluetooth adapter. My Bluetooth apple wireless keyboard works fine. Also when I plug in a USB mouse it works fine. Any help would be great.

I've been working with my mac keyboard and trackpad for a month without any problem (absolutely OOB).
My bluetooth adapter is Ultron UBA-130.

But, after installing Avast antivirus the trackpad started to lag and only works perfect if it is very close to the bluetooth dongle.

I have tried everything, but still having issues.

Anyone have a problem with the tuneup kit? I follow the instructions, but the kexts don't leave the desktop, and no HDMI audio. Using HDMI below VGA (Only one that seems to work). Can someone post a picture of Multibeast settings for this build with HDMI enabled? Or is there a link to a step by step? Thanks!

No problems, everything works fine, except for periodic glitches graphics.
Rather, as noted, this occurs during a Remote Desktop Connection.
How to cure - do not know.
Reloading saves - until the next Remote Desktop Connection.

I'm also getting minor graphics glitches, but I'm not running remote desktop... examples: small line across itunes, strange white patches after exiting screen saver, etc.. It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to find a solution.

I posted this before, but has anyone else had trouble on boot when using a bluetooth keyboard? The system will not load Lion without a usb keyboard being attached. It's quite frustrating.

Hi Tonymac, I have a GA-H61N-USB3, you want to know my way?)

configs:
Intel Core i3 2105
GA-H61N-USB3 F2
4Gbx2 Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
and sure video HD3000 <- now I'm really hate this video because it doesnt work((

EastCoast said:
I'm also getting minor graphics glitches, but I'm not running remote desktop... examples: small line across itunes, strange white patches after exiting screen saver, etc.. It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to find a solution.

I posted this before, but has anyone else had trouble on boot when using a bluetooth keyboard? The system will not load Lion without a usb keyboard being attached. It's quite frustrating.

The system is loaded without any problems without a keyboard. Especially if you turn off the bluetooth settings in search of keyboards and mice

So, I've been running this build pretty sweetly since October.

I have one ongoing glitch. My usb ports seems to randomly and only occasionally go to sleep or switch off (normally happens when i attach a usb device (joypad/HD etc) after a period of inactivity.

It seems the only way to get them back is to restart, any thoughts? It's a touch frustrating!
:banghead:

Mate94 said:
cornheadks said:
HDMI Video Question : Hackintosh working great, 10.7.2 Pretty much the custo mac mini build with the
GA-H67N-USB3-B3 Board and a blu-ray player/combo drive. Apple bluetooth keyboard mouse, rosewell wireless dongle.

Everything works great, except HDMI video. Video Memory is set to 480.

System boots fine with DVI monitor attached, when I switch to HDMI it gets halfway through the gray apple logo boot screen and then freezes up.

Any suggestions?
With HDMI to DVI adapter? I don't understand it. HDMI Audio only comes from that HDMI port which under the VGA port.

No, plugging HDMI cable direct from Back of macmini hackintosh to LG Flatscreen. Freezes on Apple Logo at Bootup.

Boots up fine if I boot to DVI video or DVI video out to HDMI in on TV. So it is HDMI video port on computer.

nobleach said:
cornheadks said:
HDMI Video Question : Hackintosh working great, 10.7.2 Pretty much the custo mac mini build with the
GA-H67N-USB3-B3 Board and a blu-ray player/combo drive. Apple bluetooth keyboard mouse, rosewell wireless dongle.

Everything works great, except HDMI video. Video Memory is set to 480.

System boots fine with DVI monitor attached, when I switch to HDMI it gets halfway through the gray apple logo boot screen and then freezes up.

Any suggestions?

I had this same problem. It ended up that I had to run MultiBeast again and choose Mac Mini as a system definition. That cleared it right up.

Thanks.. which definition did you use?

-nobleach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back