Contribute
Register

Official Clevo P150HM1/P170HM1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I've received my laptop a few weeks ago and after a few days trying to work out and understand how install my first osx86, I finally managed to get a smooth clean Lion (10.7.3) install working (with a win7 dual boot).

I used xMove + Multibeast and some individual package from @2MNY installer (thanks!).
All is working fine (for what I can test): USB2+3, graphics with full acceleration and HD on both screen + DVI, trackpad with 2 finger scrolling, bluetooth...

Only thing not working is wifi obviously, power management and dual screen mirroring seems to crash. I didn't test e-sata or hdmi.

Using the P150HM1 installer seems to break some stuff, like USB2 (needs IOUSBFamilyRollback) or full trackpad functionalities. I've installed the ones I needed from within the package without the installer and it seems to work fine this way.

Has anyone got power management working with Lion 10.7.3 yet?

thanks

I also have the CMOS issue...( have to restart and hold power button down at bios screen to shutdown or boot into windows and shutdown the regular way) .. wasnt until i use multibeast for the 1st time with easybeast so must be related to RTC. The thing is i cant get ALC892 to work!!! any help? hope we can fix the cmos soon though..

for the record.. the CMOS issue used to happen with my destktop also! retail snow leopard on amd system.. stopped after multibeast (i still think it was elliotRTC but it doesnt fix lion :/ )

There is one thing odd with me.. Multibeast uses smbios macpro 3,1 by default.. when booting with unibeast, the macbookpro 8,1 is used..

but when i try to use macbookpro8,1 after installing easybeast, i cant boot! KP with something about applecpupowermanagement or something.. any ideas?

specs:

P150HMx

i5 2430M
4GB DDR3
GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5

Hello everybody.I own a clevo P170hmx the model with amd radeon hd 6990M.
I bought it from Sager some months ago.
On my desktop I have successfully installed 10.7.3 and I LOVE IT.
I tried many solutions to install OSX (with flag GraphicsEnabler=No cause I know my Gpu is not supported)
None of them gave me success.The only solution it worked was when installed 1.6.0 with now comcd 0.3.2as boot loader but when upgrade it to 1.6.0 it crashed and I gave up.
I tried unibeast method 1.0 or 1.1 with lion 10.7.3.Nothing
I tried many boot options.Nothing happend.
What else is left to do?If there is any solution I don't have problem if there is no solution for 6990M yet
I don't wanna go back to Win7 (only for playing games) and for the next 10 months I will leave back my desktop.

HELPPPPPPPPP.I HATE WINDOWS.I DON'T WANNA GET BACK TO THEM.......

Hmm, interesting, I hadn't realized there were many people using OSX on the Clevo P150HM... I have an Eurocom Racer which is a customized/rebadged P150HM, and so far I have been unsuccessful at installing 10.6 on it (see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=53170 ). I don't have 10.7 though :( Had bought 10.6 for my desktop about a year ago.

Hi,

i own a p150hm (hm65) running i5-2410m + gtx560m (ldlc bellone ga1-i5-4-h5+)
i am quite a newbie with installing osx

i installed lion then updated to 10.7.2 then applyed your installer 1.7.2 rc2
it fails on Installing GenerateStates
Code:
01/10/10 05:31:27,218 authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: Installer.app is not entitled for system.install.apple-software
01/10/10 05:31:27,259 authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: Installer.app is not entitled for system.install.app-store-software
01/10/10 05:31:27,299 authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: Installer.app is not entitled for system.install.app-store-software
01/10/10 05:31:27,300 com.apple.SecurityServer: Failed to authorize right 'system.install.app-store-software' by client '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PackageKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/installd' [354] for authorization created by '/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app' [202]
01/10/10 05:31:27,325 installd: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
01/10/10 05:31:27,761 installd: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “GenerateStates.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7f8849d8d6b0 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/thomas/Desktop/Clevo%20P150HM1%20Support-1.7.2rc2.mpkg/Contents/Packages/GenerateStates.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.mygreatcompany.pkg.GenerateStates, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “GenerateStates.pkg”.} {
    NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cGenerateStates.pkg\U201d.";
    NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/thomas/Desktop/Clevo%20P150HM1%20Support-1.7.2rc2.mpkg/Contents/Packages/GenerateStates.pkg";
    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.mygreatcompany.pkg.GenerateStates";

when using installer rc3
it fails also on appleRTCKext
Code:
01/10/10 05:47:05,853 authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: Installer.app is not entitled for system.install.apple-software
01/10/10 05:47:05,893 authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: Installer.app is not entitled for system.install.app-store-software
01/10/10 05:47:05,934 authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: Installer.app is not entitled for system.install.app-store-software
01/10/10 05:47:05,935 com.apple.SecurityServer: Failed to authorize right 'system.install.app-store-software' by client '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PackageKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/installd' [948] for authorization created by '/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app' [705]
01/10/10 05:47:05,937 installd: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
01/10/10 05:47:06,202 ReportCrash: DebugSymbols was unable to start a spotlight query: spotlight is not responding or disabled.
01/10/10 05:47:06,746 installd: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “RTC Patch.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fa060513c60 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/thomas/Desktop/Clevo%20P150HM1%20Support-1.7.2rc3.mpkg/Contents/Packages/RTC%20Patch.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.mygreatcompany.pkg.PatchRTC, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “RTC Patch.pkg”.} {
    NSFilePath = "./preinstall";
    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cRTC Patch.pkg\U201d.";
    NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/thomas/Desktop/Clevo%20P150HM1%20Support-1.7.2rc3.mpkg/Contents/Packages/RTC%20Patch.pkg";
    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.mygreatcompany.pkg.PatchRTC";
}

and on GraphicsEnabler with similar errors

Don't really know what to do.

after applying usb3.0 kext : USB 2.0 ports do no work anylonger but usb 3.0 do

i also have the "cmos" pb when powering off the computer using the regular apple menu

I would welcome any hints, since i am beginner with this osx installation

cheers

The CMOS reset is the big stupid thing for us.. for wireless, u need to replace it.. i did, got this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Atheros-AR5 ... 14?afsrc=1

Works with this kext:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e3tb7nb274xdx21

the only issue for me is the CMOS. GPU is fine, battery is fine, audio is fine, LAN wont work but i dont care since wifi now does and USB 3.0 works for charging stuff but if a device is removed from it with the mac running, gives a KP and reboots.. im using the drivers provided on this thread for usb 3.0 phcx something like that.. will try lacie as well

moth69 said:
after applying usb3.0 kext : USB 2.0 ports do no work anylonger but usb 3.0 do

Had the same issue using the installer from this thread. To get the usb 2 working as well I used the Multibeast USB Roll back (can't remember the exact name).
Extracting the packages of the installer from this thread and installing the USB 3 kext by individually seems to not disable the usb 2....

I personally never had the CMOS reset issue... not sure why....

hi,

Thx for the usb tips.

You mentionned earlier having dualscreen working. What solution have you used to install graphics with dual screen working ?

i Used graphics enabler but can't detect vga screen on dvi port. didn't try dvi-d nor hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back