Contribute
Register

Official Clevo P150HM1/P170HM1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated via Software Update to 10.7.2 and now it wont boot. The only way I can boot is if I use rboot. Any ideas?

Edit: fixed

My laptop keeps freezing now. It never froze before, but now it does. Also, I don't know what that cmos battery issue is you guys are experiencing with having to take it out. I can always restart my laptop without removing the battery even after it freezes or what not.

koji126 said:
My laptop keeps freezing now. It never froze before, but now it does. Also, I don't know what that cmos battery issue is you guys are experiencing with having to take it out. I can always restart my laptop without removing the battery even after it freezes or what not.
Any changes made to your system that might be related to the freezes?

2MNY said:
Any changes made to your system that might be related to the freezes?

I updated to 10.7.2 and used your latest install package. I was using the first one you made before which didn't give me any kind of freezing with 10.7.1

No significant change in the installler except perhaps the DSDT. Problem may also lie in 10.7.2

2MNY said:
No significant change in the installler except perhaps the DSDT. Problem may also lie in 10.7.2

That's probably it, are you running 10.7.2? Well I've been running for a couple hours now and it seems stable. It doesn't freeze THAT often. Maybe once every other day?

Blackforest said:
Koji126 can you described the exact way you installed OSX Mac Lion on your laptop? I always have to take out my cmos battery after I shutdown my computer in order to get it to start again.

Please post your laptops specs as well.

I just used iBoot-legacy, installed Snow Leopard, didn't do anything weird. Installed Lion on top using the instructions from tonymac. I used multibeast for everything, but since sound wasn't working for me I used the installer found here. That's pretty much it. I just hold the power button down and it starts up regardless of how I turn off my laptop.

NP8130
i7-2720QM
8gb memory
500gb hard drive
gtx 560

Is this being updated at all? I was hoping to be able to spend my day today messing up my computer :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

As some have noticed there are issues with some of the installer scripts. I am working on them but might remove them in the meantime till I can get the kinks worked out.

most of the scripts are for simple boot.plist edits that can be easily made with Champlist or a text editor.

are there news in this thread? Do u have yet resolved CMOS reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back