Contribute
Register

October 18th 2021 Apple Event: M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile CPU/GPU are less powerful than desktop CPU/GPU.
Like Mark Twain say "The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated".
Look at this benchmark. The last word always belongs to Intel )

How does their IGPU compare to the M1 Pro/Max GPU?

How does their IGPU compare to the M1 Pro/Max GPU?
Intel don't make high performance GPU. You can use Radeon RX 6800/6900 XT . Next year brings new gen Radeon RX of course. Now due to pandemic time / crypto miners graphics are very expensive. But that will change next year.

Intel don't make high performance GPU. You can use Radeon RX 6800/6900 XT . Next year brings new gen Radeon RX of course. Now due to pandemic time / crypto miners graphics are very expensive. But that will change next year.

So, Intel powered laptops are subpar when compared to Apple Silicon powered laptops.

First hands on look at the new M1 Pro 16" MBP. You can turn on CC and then auto generate subtitles in your language if you want to know what he is saying. It's spoken in an Asian language, I'm not sure which one. It's definitely not a professional review, just has the advantage of being first. Wonder if the Youtuber even signed the NDA with Apple before getting these ?

Last edited:
First hands on look at the new M1 Pro 16" MBP. You can turn on CC and then auto generate subtitles in your language if you want to know what he is saying. It's spoken in an Asian language, I'm not sure which one. It's definitely not a professional review, just has the advantage of being first. Wonder if the Youtuber even signed the NDA with Apple before getting these ?

Seems like a handful of retailers who received inventory from Apple have posted videos in violation of embargo. Embargo lifts on Monday morning.

Vietnamese

Here's an example of why you can't just compare PC and M1 Pro/Max Mac GB benchmarks in isolation and come to any useful conclusions. For a video editor that uses DaVinci Resolve, the M1 Max performance is going to be light years ahead of running Resolve on a comparable Windows based laptop. See the following article:

Blackmagic has optimized their editing software for M1 Macs and it now performs much better than on any Intel laptop. A Geekbench CPU or GPU benchmark won't show this difference.

Let's wait for real world tests by tomorrow. That will make things clear.

Tomorrow? It may rather be a matter of weeks for relevant applications to be updated to fully benefit from the custom accelerators, early buyers to receive their machine and some users to post actual figures as to how the M1 Pro/Max perform in actual tasks or task-relevant benchmarks.
But that, of course, is less sexy than jumping on early numbers to draw definitive conclusions…

Let's wait for real world tests by tomorrow. That will make things clear.
Tomorrow? It may rather be a matter of weeks for relevant applications to be updated to fully benefit from the custom accelerators, early buyers to receive their machine and some users to post actual figures as to how the M1 Pro/Max perform in actual tasks or task-relevant benchmarks.
But that, of course, is less sexy than jumping on early numbers to draw definitive conclusions…

I see nothing that indicates the Geekbench numbers we've seen that would lead me to believe them to be fake. But, as you guys say, it won't be long before we get confirmation from shipping systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back