2. Color Classic
  3. Portable
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
My Hackintosh rebooted during a fresh installation of Big Sur Beta 10 with OpenCore 0.6.2, and it got stuck on a reboot loop. I could boot to the newly created Big Sur Recovery partition and tried the install again, only to get stuck at the same reboot loop. As far as I can tell, the last verbose line before the reboot reads something like
Code:
IDPlatformPanlcfct lan -> AppleSMC

IMG_2946.jpeg

In the OC boot menu, I see my test drive as "Boot Big Sur Beta Test (external)" (that triggers the reboot loop). But when I boot back to Catalina on my internal drive with Clover, my test drive has two partitions mounted: "Big Sur Test - Data" and "Update", the latter obviously being what should be the system partition. That shows the installation hasn't finished.

I also attached my complete EFI folder.

Please note that this is my first ever attempt at installing with OpenCore. I followed the guide to the letter, but I may well have done an error not related to Big Sur in any way! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 244
Your error is actually in memory panic Stackshot succeeded **15769......

I took out all the stuff that was disabled in your config I took out your IGPU headless config from the device properties. I also disabled securebootmodel located in MISC---->Security. Go into your bios and disable your IGPU use this config and see if it helps. You can fix the IGPU later. Make sure you back up your current config file.

Your picture is really blurry but if you look it said panic Diag files unavailable panic occurred prior to initialization. So your panic is happening somewhere likely scrolled off your screen.

Make sure all your Kexts are updated to the most current, and I am not sure you need the NVMEfix.kext but I did not remove it from your config.

It is possible none of this will help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.3 KB · Views: 511
Wow. Thanks a lot!

I disabled the iGPU and used your config.plist on my usb installer, and I could complete the installation. I'm writing this from Big Sur! Now I'll proceed with post-install stuff, and I'll compare your config.plist with what I had prior in order to try and understand what was going on… The goal being to have a reasonably good understanding of OpenCore when Big Sur goes out of Beta so I can install it on my main drive!

Wow. Thanks a lot!

I disabled the iGPU and used your config.plist on my usb installer, and I could complete the installation. I'm writing this from Big Sur! Now I'll proceed with post-install stuff, and I'll compare your config.plist with what I had prior in order to try and understand what was going on… The goal being to have a reasonably good understanding of OpenCore when Big Sur goes out of Beta so I can install it on my main drive!
Good deal, I wasn't sure exactly what that error was from but I had read on the internet that it could be caused by the IGPU, and the other main change I made was to securebootmodel that controls the snapshot and can cause issues with booting and downloading new updates. The rest of the changes were just removing stuff you did not have enabled and likely did not have any effect but a cleaner config is always better IMO.

I have got the same issue with OC 0.6.2, however, I am able to boot and got every work with OC 0.6.0. It could be a bug with OC 0.6.2.

I have got the same issue with OC 0.6.2, however, I am able to boot and got every work with OC 0.6.0. It could be a bug with OC 0.6.2.
Without a Verbose image hard to say if your problem is the same as the OP's but it is likely a problem with your config file. Since OC 6.2 and 6.0 configs are different you need to make sure you are creating a proper config with OC 6.2.

You right, Big Sur beta 10 required Security/SecureBootModel to Disabled on OC 0.6.2. It isn't the OC problem.

Hello, I've got a similar problem on OC 0.6.2, 0.6.3, 0.6.4 (tried every version).

MOBO: MSI z370 Gaming Plus
CPU: I5-8500K
GPU: UHD 630

I couldn't finish installating full version of Big Sur, before I got latest beta version, and everything works fine, could you help me?

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• 125117630_1032350953932888_5749650663922929552_n.jpg
    125117630_1032350953932888_5749650663922929552_n.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 283
  • config.plist
    24.1 KB · Views: 101
Wow. Removed igpu in device properties and disable in Misc work for me. Thank you soo much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back