Contribute
Register

[OBSOLETE] Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Guide

mbg032373 said:
Attached are my edits for dual GTX 460s. You will still need to edit the PciRoot lines to match your system.

If you happen to be using a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FB motherboard, I've also included the DSDT.AML file with the edits to enable dual graphics.

Mike

Will the DSDT work if different cards are used with the GA-X58A-UD3R

mbg032373 said:
Attached are my edits for dual GTX 460s. You will still need to edit the PciRoot lines to match your system.

If you happen to be using a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FB motherboard, I've also included the DSDT.AML file with the edits to enable dual graphics.

Mike

This is great- thank you for posting! :D

rnauman821 said:
mbg032373 said:

Mike

Will the DSDT work if different cards are used with the GA-X58A-UD3R

These DSDT edits are not card specific, it is just a few lines of extra code to let OS X know you are using two graphics cards. You will still need to follow the original set of instructions by the original poster to add your device IDs to com.apple.Boot.plist file.

As the original poster stated, you can put the SLI cable on the cards. OS X will simply ignore it, but this will allow you to dual boot into Windows and have SLI enable while OS X just sees two individual graphics cards.

thank u so much. Im gonna try this later tonight. Ill post my results.

]never mind i tries it now lol...

WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 10.45.12 AM.png[/attachment
Thank you allll sooooooo much!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 10.45.12 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 10.45.12 AM.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 510

First let me say, BITCHIN' GUIDE! I have been trying to find a guide like this for a while, updated to 10.6.5, since everything I have seen has been for 10.5.8. The only question I have for you is this...

Once the problem for the GTX 580 has been resolved, the weird black screen and garbbled crap... How would I edit this file to have the GTX 580 as my primary, and a GTX 285 1GB FTW edition card, setup?

My main goal for this is going to be Cuda/GPGPU processing under OS X, and use the GTX 285 as a PhysX card in SLI under Windows 7. If you can help me with this, you have no idea how much it would be appreciated. I have been trying to get a setup like this working for a while with little success.

Thank you in Advance :D

Not working for me so far. :confused:

Are the contents of the out.hex several lines long? Do I need a new DSDT or some other change to make it work?

(I installed the linked Chameleon, used the linked tool to get the PciRoot lines, edited the provided file (460, thx mbg032373) with PciRoot lines, spit out the out.hex file, copied it's contents to /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist, installed the linked drivers.)

(Each card by itself works fine. OSX works fine. But if I put in both cards, I get the gray shutdown screen at boot up. I was having gray screen/freezes while using OSX browsing Safari before with a single card, but once I removed the enabler, as per this guide, the single card crashes stopped.)

Still no dual cards, though. :banghead: Any ideas?

for those using the EFI strings - do you experience the same freezes that other Fermi users have experienced with Graphics Enabler and the latest nVidia drivers? i have a single EVGA 1GB GTX 760 that i hope to try this on later tonight.

i edited the plist to only show one graphics card, then replaced the PCI address as indicated. right now there's no crashes with my GTX 460, with an uptime of roughly two hours.

hopefully this will last :)

Inrvuuvamp said:
Not working for me so far. :confused:

Are the contents of the out.hex several lines long? Do I need a new DSDT or some other change to make it work?

(I installed the linked Chameleon, used the linked tool to get the PciRoot lines, edited the provided file (460, thx mbg032373) with PciRoot lines, spit out the out.hex file, copied it's contents to /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist, installed the linked drivers.)

(Each card by itself works fine. OSX works fine. But if I put in both cards, I get the gray shutdown screen at boot up. I was having gray screen/freezes while using OSX browsing Safari before with a single card, but once I removed the enabler, as per this guide, the single card crashes stopped.)

Still no dual cards, though. :banghead: Any ideas?

I found the answer on aquamac forums (thx Aquamac :thumbup: ). You must set your Motherboard to load the first display from PCI Express x16 slot 2. PCI and PCI Express x16 slot 1 seemed to result in a gray screen at bootup for me.

It works now, but my video is lagging on Quicktime. I'll check into that more. :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back