Contribute
Register

[OBSOLETE] Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Guide

Please could anyone tell me where this file in.plist is i need to be editing, i understand the procedure but the opp never said where the file is, thanks in advance.

Tec Junkie said:
Please could anyone tell me where this file in.plist is i need to be editing, i understand the procedure but the opp never said where the file is, thanks in advance.
Try with any of those provided in the aquamac's guide here: http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 569&page=1 In my case, I didn't managed to get them working...

mbg032373 said:
Attached are my edits for dual GTX 460s. You will still need to edit the PciRoot lines to match your system.

If you happen to be using a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FB motherboard, I've also included the DSDT.AML file with the edits to enable dual graphics.

Mike

Attached is my new DSDT.AML to work with Lion 10.7.2. Same mother board and graphic specs as in my original post still apply. GraphicsEnabler should be set to "No" in the boot.plist file. No extra enablers needed.

I wouldn't recommend using the graphics string inserted into the boot.plist file with Lion as it seems to mess with being able to use some features of iCloud and the App Store.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    21.2 KB · Views: 97

Still no success for me. After adding the EFI strings, my OSX Lion stops with a grey screen on startup, and it wont pass that. Any suggestions?

This is my plist for dual 470 in SLI and a GeForce 210 as well being the third graphics card.

Attachments

• 470+210.plist
    4.1 KB · Views: 226

I managed to get my dual graphics setup working with a GTX 560 Ti (Asus TOP version) and a Asus 8400GS 512MB(Silent Edition) under Lion 10.7.2.

1. As in the guide in this thread I used gfxutil to get the PCIRoots of each cards in each position and save them.

2.I used OSX86Tools to generate GFX Strings for each card and save them as .hex.
The 560Ti card doesn't exist in the dropdown list but choose custom and name it "nVidia GeForce 560 Ti", check that the right PCIRoots where imported to the .plist.

3. I then used OSX86Tools "Combine Hex Strings" to generate the string that goes into the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". Choose both files in the right order(boot card first) and then save it as .hex .

4. As in the guide at top of this thread I imported the string from OSX86Tools to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist":
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Content Goes Here</string>

Deactivate GraphicsEnabler if its enabled and thats it. Both cards seem to be working flawlessly. Note that I had both cards working on their own before I started this.
Thanks to joshs85 for the original guide :clap: !

EDIT: Got some problems with airfoil that I could not understand at first, how could me tempering with graphic cards and such affect a program like airfoil ? But as stated earlier in the thread, if the device-properties in "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" is set in lion, it could affect the ethernet.

Three separate plists, using OSXtools to generate hex files and then combine them, still results my OSX installation to hang with a grey screen. I really need some help on this one, since I have been at it for months now trying to get it up and running.

I've suffered a mysterious failure of a system setup this way--I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45024

Much thanks.

can anyone help me do this on my Asus sabertooth x58 mobo with 2 gtx 460 running lion 7.2

where do i type the .gfxutil thing? and also what tools do i need to download this. its been years since i did this for my SL install. i already forgot. thanks.

Edit: okay i got the efi strings now. so can i use the plist that was given on the first page? i still have my old plist and dsdt from my SL install. would those work?

ok im stuck with this step

5. Run the command below with in.plist in the same directory
Code:
./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./in.plist ./out.hex

it gives me the error when i do it

hi guys,
i´m trying to run two gtx 470 in ga-z68x-ud3h b3 mainboard with 2xssd and lion 10.7.2.
i tryed the method from page one and since i did that i can boot with two cards. the problem is while the booting first one card is used by the bootscreen and then it switches to the other card for osx lion. so i have to remove the monitor while booting from one card to the other.
the other thing is that osx shows both cards in the system, but i can only use one of them.
if i plug something in the other card while running osx, nothing happens.

i also tried the method to name one card parent and one child but than it doesn´t even boot. :banghead:

does anybody have an idea or a solution for my problem?

thanks ben

i finally got the two gtx 460 working. but now i get error parsing plist file? how do i fix this? i can boot to lion but i have to pick it from the list of partitions. it no longer auto boots. but when i revert to the old plist file i am able to autoboot but no dual gtx 460 cards. anyone know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back